Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
HELLO LOVELY LADIES I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
keshai posted:
This IF problem is driving me crazy,where to start!!!!
DH and I have been ttc for Many years on and off and NOTHING! DH has a low sperm count of 7mil , I did all the testes possible and so far so good, the only thing is that I have an irregular Cycle. We have an appointment with the RE early this month,which we were told that IVF ICSI is our ONLY option. ( due to certain circumstances). I think , its better for us to just keep trying seeing that we haven't been putting all the effort in . DH is disappointed about his SC being so low, he gave up on try natrually and wants to take the IVF route, even though we have to come out of pocket for this and we have limited options and only ONE try.For some reason i just want us to continue because miracles do happen , and truth and infact we don't have the money to try another time if this doesn't work.

Has anyone had kids before IVF and after IVF, does it feel the same way knowing it never happen naturally???? i think thats my biggest fear! please help anyone!

Should i just go ahead with the IVF treatment????

An_191453 responded:
I'm sorry you have to come to this decision. I'm not sure if it feels differently to get pg "naturally" of my using ART. In my case, I don't care how I get pg, I just want to get pg.

Your name looks familiar - did you post awhile back about getting bad blood test results for the mini-IVF trial? Is this a new RE?

AprilCB responded:
I've only gotten PG through IVF and it doesn't matter to me how it happened, just that it did. When we first started I did have a short period of grieving that it couldn't happen on its own. But I've come to realize, it's actually better that I've had to come down the IVF road. The reason I say that is because I've always had the Mom doubts. How do I KNOW I'll love this kid, how can I be sure I can take care of him properly and love him and all the stuff that he deserves and be a good Mom. After going through all I've been through, I believe the most loved kids on the planet are the ones that parents had to fight to get. Not that parents don't love their kids that they were able to get naturally and relatively easily, it's just that they don't know the heartbreak of month after month, ART treatment after ART treatment failing. Years of wondering whats wrong with me. I just believe going this route makes us stronger woman, which in turn will make us great Moms.

You don't say your age, but if you haven't used any protection all this time, even if you weren't officially trying and giving it your all, I think you should consider the IVF. You'll have a better chance of it working now, while you're younger than if you put it off a couple of years. Good luck
Cherie (36), DH (38), TTC 5 yrs. 3 IUIs all BFN. 1st IVF ER 6/6/10 ET 6/11/10 BFN. FET 9/28/10, BFP, MC'd 10/25/10. 2nd IVF ER 2/8/11 ET 2/11/11 1st beta = 140 2nd = 384 1st US 3/15/11

keshai replied to AprilCB's response:
Thanks so much ladies.

no1phillygirl responded:
I agree with Cherie. I understand how you feel about not getting preggo the natural route. I had trouble dealing with that and now I'm dealing with losing the genetics and moving onto donor egg. We are here for you whatever you decide.
Marla 41 DH 31 10/08 BFP m/c 11/08 6/09 RE (stage 2 endo) ivf1 9/09 tfr 3 BFP m/c 11/09 ivf2 2/10 tfr 5 BFP cvs 13wks trisomy(d

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been a Moderator with WebMD for 7 years now, working in almost every part of the community here. I have worked with the TTC group off and...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.