Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Ellie-question regarding transfering clinics
jbird823 posted:
Did RE #2 have any concerns about you transferrring your frozen embryos for your upcoming FET? We had a second opinion consult last week and while I love RE #2, he is very hesistant to allow us to transfer our 2 frozen blasts. He has encountered through the years of clinics not disclosing freezing methods therefore, he is unsure of the correct thawing method. RE #1 uses the new freezing method but he said there are different variations to it and unless RE #1's lab tells him specifically what was used, it could be a guessing game. We only really have this one chance for a sibling for DD as a fresh is not financially possible as this time and I want to make sure we make the right decision.
Any experience you would have would be great.

leji1 responded:
Hi Janet. My new RE seemed to be okay with the transfer of our two blasts although I got the impression that they don't have people do that often.

We transported the embies with the thawing instructions which is a requirement. Both clinics use vitrification instead of slow freezing of embies so that also made it easier.

We'll find out if they survive tomorrow! Our major reason for transferring them was because my old RE's success rates with FETs were so much lower and I had already had a failed FET at my old RE.

I hope we did the right thing. We'll see how the transfer goes. It's at 12:15p tomorrow.
Ellie 32,DH 33 low morph,TTC 3yrs,9/09-12/09 3 Clomid/IUI BFN, 4/10 IVF/ICSI 1 Chemical,7/10 FET BFN,11/10 IVF/ICSI/AH 2 BFN

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 29 and my DH is 27... we have one beautiful little boy who was 2 in April. He was conceived through IVF/ICSI and we think he is an absolute mi...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.