Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Stressfull Morning!
kzim517 posted:
So we finally got around to having DH's SA done yesterday morning. He had to work and our clinic is 30min in the opposite direction, so the plan was for him to take care of business at home and then I would leave right away to drive it to the lab. Well, stupid Wisconsin weather... it snowed. A lot. And we (DS had to come with me) were driving toward the city into rush hour. It was the most stressful drive ever! We had to take several alternate routes, and it took almost an hour to get there. We barely made it in time. I would have felt so awful if we had to do this all again.

It turns out his count is excellent and he has good motility (49%), but his morphology is pretty awful at 7%. It may not be a huge deal since he has a great count (148mil!), but if that goes down, then are chances are pretty terrible, given my issues. So it's been decided that IUI is the best thing for us. So next cycle, we'll give it a shot. I am nervous, relieved, anxious, excited... not sure what to expect, hopeful that this will work, feeling bad that we really can't do this on our own, and nervous that we will fail since IVF is just not an option for us. Just trying to get through the next few weeks of waiting, I guess.
Kari (30), DH (32), and our little miracle DS born 12/09. Failed 4 cycles of clomid; low FSH, low progesterone, and cysts. DH has great count but morph only 7. Next cycle IUI.

banda813 responded:
Driving in snow is stressful enough w/o having little men on the verge of expiring. Geez louise!

Don't know if this helps at all but I've been told before that morphology is a subjective parameter. My doc has always looked at it as something of importance but I've heard other docs don't even look at it b/c it's "in the eye of the beholder". So if that's the case then your DHs men are awesome!

Me(33)DH(38)2 furbabies TTC 1 06' 4IUIs all BFN giving IVF a shot!

jbird823 responded:
Kari, where are you in WI? So nice to have someone else here from WI although I've only lived here for 10 years-originally from IL

kzim517 replied to jbird823's response:
Banda - thanks, it does help... we see all of these numbers, but sometimes I wonder what it all really means. Maybe it won't be a big deal.

jbird - we're up in Ozaukee County. I've lived here all my life... and I won't hold your IL roots against you! Nice to see a neighbor here. Are you done with this winter or what? I've had enough!
Kari (30), DH (32), and our little miracle DS born 12/09. Failed 4 cycles of clomid; low FSH, low progesterone, and cysts. DH has great count but morph only 7. Next cycle IUI.

jbird823 replied to kzim517's response:
Kari-I'm in Milwaukee County. Do you come to Milwaukee to see your RE?

Spotlight: Member Stories

TTC for 3.5 years finally got our BFP October 12th,2009 after 1 attempt of IVF. Baby boy twins born May 2010.

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.