Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
*^*Weekly Update 4/5/11*^*
Emma_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hi Ladies,

I know some have updated the board already with their situation, but I'd love for you to check in here as well and give us another update. I apologize for not being at the top of my game this week. I have not been sleeping well. I am sure allergies are to blame here! So come on lets hear those updates.

For those of you who have had disappointments, I am sorry. For those of you with great news, Congrats! But regardless check in here and let us know how you are doing and where you are in your cycle.

Take care everyone!
Emma
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.  -- Winston Churchhill
FirstPrevious12NextLast

von66 responded:
Hi. No worries, we're all only human. Hope you're well. I had my IUI on Sunday morning after switching from IVF due to only having two follicles. So, of course I need to wait 2 weeks to see if I'm pregnant. Trying to keep my head up, but it's hard given the low success rates for (even) IUI for women in their '40s. Geez.....

kzim517 responded:
I'm in the 2WW, and it's starting to get to me...
Wednesday will be CD21, 8DPO this cycle, which was my first IUI. I am of course feeling some symptoms, but I know part of it is the progesterone supplementation, and I'm sure some of it is just in my head. I am waiting on my progesterone level from Tuesday.
We are getting a foster child this weekend for 4 days... a little girl who was born prematurely and just was discharged from the hospital. We do respite care for kids with special needs. I am looking forward to meeting her and know that she will be a very good distraction this weekend until my beta on Monday. The rest of the week is busy busy busy, and I'm very glad for that.

Von, I am thinking very optimistic thoughts for you. Remember, there is always a chance.
Kari (30), DH (32), and our little miracle DS born 12/09. Failed 4 cycles of clomid; low FSH, low progesterone, DH has great count but morph only 7. clomid/IUI March `11.

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to von66's response:
Ah Von hang in there, the 2 week wait is the worst! Why can't we know we are pregnant the second we want to know? Hang in there and know we are with you!

Gentle Hugs,
Emma
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. -- Winston Churchhill

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to kzim517's response:
Hi Kari,

Monday isn't that far away but I am sure it is feeling like a lifetime. What a sweetheart you and your husband are for taking in foster kids, but not only foster kids but special need children at that. You are very amazing! Make sure to let us know how your beta's are on Monday!

Take care,
Emma
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. -- Winston Churchhill

jlm76 responded:
I'm with Von...2ww after converting IVF to IUI. Beta on 4/12, so 6 days to go.

After the first few days of obsession, near hysteria, and resentment of every pregnant woman I saw, I have settled into a nice calm. (At least some of the credit goes to my acupuncturist - if you haven't tried it, I can't recommend it enough. And I was a total skeptic at the start.)

Von, I am thinking good thoughts for us both. Keep me posted. And good luck to Kari - Monday's not far off now!
Jen (39), DH (36), plus one spoiled black lab (8). MC 6/10; IUI 1/11 - BFN; IVF converted to IUI 3/11.

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to jlm76's response:
Hang in there Jen, I have all of you in my thoughts! How did you start seeing and acupuncturist? Did you notice besides calm any other effects from it?

Take care of yourself!
Emma

jlm76 replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Emma,

My RE recommends acupuncture. They even have an acupuncturist who will come to the clinic to do treatments before and after ETs. There have been some clinical studies linking it with improved uterine blood flow, and the statistics show improved IVF outcomes. I figured it couldn't hurt, but I was skeptical and a little creeped out.

I am a complete convert. It is more calming to me than a massage, and it noticably reduces the side effects from all of the hormones.

I can't recommend it enough!
Jen (39), DH (36), plus one spoiled black lab (8). MC 6/10; IUI 1/11 - BFN; IVF converted to IUI 3/11.

codysu replied to jlm76's response:
I am on CD 6, taking Clomid and planning to do another IUI this month. This will be our 3rd attempt, I'm really hoping this one works. As much as I would love to do IVF again, we really can't afford it right now, and I am going to be 38 in June, so I am freaking out a little bit. I have considering trying Acupuncture. I have a question though...my RE recommended it, but I wasn't clear if she was recommending it for me or my DH or both? Does it help with MFIF?

Kari, Von & Jen-good luck on your 2ww! I hope you get your BFPs!
Cody (37) DH (45), IVF 1 11/10, M/C 12/10, IUI 2/11-BFN, IUI 3/11-BFN, IUI 4/11, FX!

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to jlm76's response:
Jen,

Amazing and certainly something to really know . I appreciate you taking the time to explain it all!

Take care,
Emma

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to codysu's response:
Cody,

When in June are you turning 38, I am going to be 38 on June 7th. Good luck with your IUI, I have my fingers and toes crossed, keep us updated!

Take care,
Emma

Emma_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Ladies,

I had a question for you, everyone's updates change day to day. I have done 3 of these weekly updates. 2 open ended ones, like this and 1 with where everyone was at. Of course the open ended ones are easier for me, because each of you can come in and fill us in. But which do you guys prefer, do you like the open ended ones or would you prefer I do the research each week and put where the last update we had on each of you was?

Please let me know so I know!
Emma

jlm76 replied to codysu's response:
Hey Cody,

Check this out: http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/news/20050803/acupuncture-may-improve-sperm-quality

It's an article about a study showing improved sperm quality from a course of acupuncture.

It's not that expensive, and my insurance covers it for the first $600 (but only because the acupuncturist is not treating me for "infertility" but for "irregular menstural cycles" and "stress").

codysu replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Emma, my birthday is June 19th, so we are 12 days apart in age! Good to know another Gemini
Cody (37) DH (45), IVF 1 11/10, M/C 12/10, IUI 2/11-BFN, IUI 3/11-BFN, IUI 4/11, FX!

codysu replied to jlm76's response:
Thanks Jen, I appreciate the info! I'll talk to DH, with the article in hand. Maybe I can talk him into it. I probably should go as well, it doesn't sound like it will hurt anything. How often do you go?

Spotlight: Member Stories

We tried for almost 2 years to conceive before going to an RE. Clomid and injectible IUIs did not work so we ended up doing IVF w/ ICSI in Feb 2008. W...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.