Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Exercise during stimulation
mutooro posted:
Hey ladies,

What advise have you received regarding exercise during stimulation? Currently on day 4 of Menopur and Follistim. US today, follicles still small.
Running and weigh lifting

jlm76 responded:
At first I was told no heart rate over 140 -- but when I pressed them on it, they were a lot more flexible. Nothing more than "moderate" exertion, but I could base that on what was moderate for me. Since I typically run, moderate running was okay -- but with the strict caveat that I stop if/when it became uncomfortable.

Hope that helps. Good luck and happy running!
Jen (39), DH (36), plus one spoiled black lab (8). MC 6/10; IUI 1/11 - BFN; IVF converted to IUI 3/11.

frankfortkate responded:
My RE said be careful during stims. After ER, though, nothing more than casual walking until Beta. They worry about ovaries being too big and possibly rupturing. I was pretty sore after about a week of stims, so I pulled way back...
Kate(31), DH (31), 2 furbabies (Buster and TC), TTC 2 1/2 years, endo,IVF1 7/10 BFN, IVF2 11/10 BFN. IVF3 cx. IVF4 BFN...again...

mosleyd36 responded:
My RE also advised against exercise during stims. Walking and yoga are good but I was also told not to get HR over 140. Good luck!
Danielle (29) DH (31)...TTC since July '08. MFIF-low morph, low count. IVF/ICSI 1 Aug/Sep '10...BFN. IVF/ICSI 2...probably not for a while.

mutooro replied to mosleyd36's response:
Thanks ladies...
I'm on day 6 of stims (Menopur and Follistim). Still feeling really good but also worried the little eggs aren't growing as fast. Going for US tomorrow :)

I ran 4 slow miles yesterday, but I I think I'll shut it down for now...Just elliptical. Can't stand walking!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me 34; DH 37;TTC 2.5 years; HSG and blood tests normal for me; 1% morphology for DH all else "normal ranges"; Acupuncture and herbal treatme...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.