Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Anyone in the 2WW going to POAS?
jlhill88 posted:
So I told DH this time I was not going to POAS because last time we had a chemical pregnancy and got a BFP on a HPT. I am going crazy this time around. I still have 7 days left til BETA. I am really really going to try not to test this weekend. Are any of you ladies in the 2WW going to POAS or wait it out?

Jennifer
Jennifer(23) DH(25), TTC over 2 years for our first child-MFIF. IVF/ICSI1-Chemical Pregnancy/1 Frostie. IVF/ICSI2- started stims, poss ER 7/22.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

codysu responded:
I am not feeling very hopeful this cycle so I may just wait it out. I could test as early as the 13th, and I expect AF on the 14th. I think we will be camping that weekend, which will make it easier for me to not change my mind over the weekend :)
Cody (38 ) DH (45), IVF w ICSI AH 11/10, M/C 12/10, 3 IUI's Clomid 2/11-4/11-all BFN, IUI 4 with Femara 8/11

no1phillygirl responded:
ok i just posted on your other post. I ALWAYS poas. I would rather be prepared going into beta either way. Good luck!
Marla 41 DH 31 10/08 BFP m/c 11/08 6/09 RE (stage 2 endo) ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 11/09 ivf2 2/10 BFP cvs 13wks trisomy(d

jlhill88 replied to no1phillygirl's response:
(TRIGS) You got me Marla lol. I couldn't take it any more and POAS tonight 8 days post transfer/14 days post hCG trigger. I got a BFP in less than 2 minutes. Now of course I know that this is not 100% at all. I could have another chemical pregnancy or still have some hCG in my system from trigger I suppose. But I hope now that I can rest easier until BETA. I am still praying for us all.

Jennifer
Jennifer(23) DH(25), TTC over 2 years for our first child-MFIF. IVF/ICSI1-Chemical Pregnancy/1 Frostie. IVF/ICSI2-Transfered 2 day 5 blasts. BETA 8/10.

no1phillygirl replied to jlhill88's response:
OMG i just got the chills reading your post. I am so glad I came back online. You are most definitely preggo. Congrats. The trigger is long gone by now. YEAH!!!!!
Marla 41 DH 31 10/08 BFP m/c 11/08 6/09 RE (stage 2 endo) ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 11/09 ivf2 2/10 BFP cvs 13wks trisomy(d

Susan1777 replied to jlhill88's response:
Yay Jennifer! Nope, not from trigger still....it's real. And we're going to tell ourselves that this one (or both) are truly keepers :)!!! Thanks for POASing for us impatient chicks...it was going to be torturous waiting for Wed for your beta, lol. Wonder if they'll let you come in for a beta any earlier, 14dp5dt is just too long to wait.
Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our little girl, Shelby Faith, was born on 5/29/09.

jlhill88 replied to Susan1777's response:
[TRIGGER] TRIGGS!!! Today I was scheduled for blood work to check E2 and progestrone levels. I mentioned to the nurse that I had a BFP using a HPT last night. She said they would go ahead and check hCG levels today. She just called and said BETA was 194!!! I am pretty sure I heard her right. E2 is over 2000 and progestrone is over 20! I am so excited right now. It doesn't even seem real. I am going back Wednesday for my "offical" BETA. I am still pulling for all of you in the 2WW.

Jennifer
Jennifer(23) DH(25), TTC over 2 years for our first child-MFIF. IVF/ICSI1-Chemical Pregnancy/1 Frostie. IVF/ICSI2-Transfered 2 day 5 blasts. BETA 8/10.

Erica0708 replied to jlhill88's response:
SOOOO excited for you! That's a great number!!!! Praying for you!

I haven't POAS-ed yet.... but I think I will either Sunday morning or Monday am. I'm definitely going to do it before I go in for my BETA on Monday. Praying!!

codysu replied to jlhill88's response:
That is great Jennifer! So happy for you! Congrats!
Cody (38 ) DH (45), IVF w ICSI AH 11/10, M/C 12/10, 3 IUI's Clomid 2/11-4/11-all BFN, IUI 4 with Femara 8/11

jlhill88 replied to Erica0708's response:
Erica I am rooting for a great BETA for you tomorrow. Have you POAS yet? Let us know how it goes! FX for you.

Jennifer
Jennifer(23) DH(25), TTC over 2 years for our first child-MFIF. IVF/ICSI1-Chemical Pregnancy/1 Frostie. IVF/ICSI2-Transfered 2 day 5 blasts. BETA 8/5= 194.

Erica0708 replied to jlhill88's response:
Thanks, Jennifer. Unfortunately, I POAS this am, and it was BFN. :-(. So, doesn't look good. I go tomorrow am for the beta, so at least I'm prepared, but im not really hopeful at this point. Thanks so much for your support and for thinking of me. How are you feeling? I'm so excited for you and hope you have a fantastic rising beta this week!!!!! Tons of baby dust to you!

jlhill88 replied to Erica0708's response:
Oh Erica, I was hoping this was the one. I agree with you about being prepared for beta. Sending (((((HUGS))))) your way. Just keep us posted on how today goes.

Jennfer
Jennifer(23) DH(25), TTC over 2 years for our first child-MFIF. IVF/ICSI1-Chemical Pregnancy/1 Frostie. IVF/ICSI2-Transfered 2 day 5 blasts. BETA 8/5= 194.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to jlhill88's response:
Dancing the joyful dance for you, Jennifer! Let us know how it goes on Wednesday,

Byroney
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance - Phyllis Diller

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to Erica0708's response:
Erica, maybe your urine levels just weren't high enough to show yet? Hope you get good news from the Beta.

Byroney
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance - Phyllis Diller

codysu replied to Erica0708's response:
Erica thinking of you today! I hope you got some good news today, but we are here for you either way.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I being with my husband for 10 years. I can not complain much about him of course like every husbandhas his bad things but he is a great person and ha...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.