Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Just starting IVF
schi82 posted:
Hi everyone! I'm 29 and my DH is 27, we had been TTC for about 8 months when DH was diagnosed with male factor infertility. I am getting ready to start the birth control pill on Saturday to get my IVF process started. I guess I'm just looking for some folks who understand the roller coaster that I feel like I'm on right now. Any suggestions for the beginning phases of this?....

codysu responded:
Hi and welcome! I went through IVF last year and it is a little overwhelming at first, but once you get through the first day of shots, it is really not so bad. I guess we do whatever it takes to get a baby, right? I will be starting BCPs in a week or so, once AF shows up. When is your estimated retrieval? We are changing our diet, taking supplements, and I am doing acupuncture to prepare for our 2nd IVF. Would be cool if we are going through this at the same time.
Cody (38 ) DH (45), IVF w ICSI AH 11/10, M/C 12/10, 4 IUI's-all BFN, IVF w ICSI AH Nov-11

keshai responded:
Hey Schi82, Welcome...I have never done an IVF treatment before but will be looking forward to start my cycle as soon as my period starts and its taking forever to come!;-(
It seem as though you have already gone through the first stage of blood works,did you? because my RE said I would have to see him on the 2nd day of my cycle ,was that the same for you??
I know I'm not much of a help seeing that I may have the same questions as you may have but I just wanted to show my support.

Sending baby dust your way!

frankfortkate responded:
As you can see from my signature, I've got some experience here. The biggest advice: take time for yourself. Do not be afraid to get a massage, a pedicure, go for a walk, eat ice cream; whatever it takes to relax. Get educated - know what's going to happen. If at any point in time you aren't sure about what your RE is saying: ASK. Demand answers. Finally, find your support system. This board is AMAZING. I would have been lost without it. The first IVF, we told no one. The last IVF, we told pretty much everyone. While it was hard to give the bad news, it was so great to have the support. Do what you are comfortable with, though.

Hope this helps! Baby dust your way!
Kate(31), DH (31), 2 furbabies (Buster and TC), TTC 2 1/2 years, endo,IVF1 7/10 BFN, IVF2 11/10 BFN. IVF3 cx. IVF4 BFN...again...IVF5 BFN. Time to move on - adoption it is.

schi82 replied to codysu's response:
Thank you so much codysu. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner, this has been much crazier then I thought. My shots are actually going really well and I feel great right now. I just started the Menopur and Bravelle shots last night so we'll see how my body responds. My estimated retrieval is the 10-13th of Oct. I have also been taking supplements, changed my diet competely (gluten free) and am doing acupuncture. Every little bit helps!

Sending you all the best! Keep me posted!

schi82 replied to frankfortkate's response:
Thank you so much! I feel great and have definitely been taking time for myself which has been SO wonderful. I think the hardest part is not feeling guilty about spending the time and money on yourself.

I will keep you in my prayers and wish all the best to you! Thanks again!

schi82 replied to keshai's response:
Hi keshai-

Sorry for the late response. Best of luck on your first cycle. I'm just starting my 2nd round of shots now. I feel like I've had a ton of blood taken, more appointments then we can count...If I can answer any questions for you I will be more then happy to but since I'm new at this maybe we can just support each other thoughout...

Best of luck and sending baby dust your way as well!

codysu replied to schi82's response:
Hi, just wanted to check in on you and see how things are going. Do you have your retrieval scheduled yet? I hope everything is going great and please update us on how you are doing when you get a chance! Good luck!!
Cody (38 ) DH (45), IVF w ICSI AH 11/10, M/C 12/10, 4 IUI's-all BFN, starting stims for IVF 2 Oct 19th

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 29 and DH is 42. We did our 1st IVF cycle in october of 2007. extremely low sperm was our ONLY issue at the time. Two Embies transfered Two stuck...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.