Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Will my dream of starting a family ever come o reality??? TTC - IVF
keshai posted:
Hello everyone, I'm back!...its been awhile because I took a break from TTC. Just a quick run down,i am 27 DH is 33 . We have been TTC for more than 4 years with no luck! At first we thought it was a Low sperm factor but come to find out i have PCOS and his semen is abnormal! Anyways We were advised to do IVF with ICSI . Accepting the advise we decided to go a head with the procedure even though we would have to pay $12,000 out of pocket with only one chance. Now, as to my dilemma , Aunt Flow won't show her face...Its been 3 months and no AF , now come on!... i know i have irregular period but the months before our decision to go ahead she came on time EVERY time, and now NOTHING! I'm so confused ;-( I'm getting depressed, I 'm wondering if our dream of becoming parents will ever come through! i need some support please..
PS : all my friends who doesn't even want children are getting pregnant and every where we go someone would ask "when are you guys going to have a family?"......like i don't know what else to do, i feel like screaming ...please HELP!!!

nordygirl33 responded:
I am sorry you are going through this , but the good thing is you are not alone. Sure we all have different stories and all, but deep down inside are all wondering when our day will come. IVF is also not covered for my husband and I, but like you if we needed to do this it has to be done. Can they give you something to bring on AF so you can begin treatment?

As far as everyone being pregnant trust me I am right there with you. It isn't that I am not happy for everyone, but all my friends complain and this is what bothers me. I try to be as supportive as I can and just reassure them it is all worth it. Everyone asks us the same question and now I just say "we aren't ready yet". It is so much easier than explaining everything.

The best advice I can give is don't give up. Our days will all come to be parents and when it happens, these children will be loved so much.

Everyday I log on here and get so happy when the boards say BFP! It gives me hope. We are all in this together k.

Lots of hugs and baby dust

keshai replied to nordygirl33's response:
Hey hun ,Thanks for the supporting reply. As for AF ,the nurse said it would be better to just let nature take its course and not force it and seeing that we don't have insurance I think that's best.
Its funny because I do say the same thing or sometimes i would say " come on, I'm just 27 ,what I would be doing with a child now"? lol Its so silly to see how much i'm dying for a little one .

I won't give up ,and I hope you won't either!
Sending some baby dust to you too..

nordygirl33 replied to keshai's response:
I am happy your nurse was able to lead you in the right direction. Dr's always know best. It doesn't matter how old you are when you are ready to be a mom , but the process of getting there isn't always easy. I think you are at a perfect age to start trying and my fingers are crossed for you that everything works out the way it should (with a BFP).

Sending baby dust your way too:)

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
54 of 55 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.