Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Beta #5 for Danielle
mosleyd36 posted:
671! Still rising great! I still would like to see the numbers doubling in 48 hrs instead of 48hr+ but I can't be picky. They were happy with it. They did an ultrasound and to no surprise he couldn't really see anything. There was a dime size black spot that he thinks is the sac but he wasn't sure (not sure why he did one so soon, I'm only 5.5 weeks). He still wants a repeat on Thursday (he wanted it Wednesday but I work all day) and will attempt another ultrasound. He just said he really wants to rule out ectopic as soon as possible but he optimistic that what we were seeing was the sack.

I am so happy and still cautiously optimistic! Thanks for the well wishes
Danielle (30) DH (32)...TTC since July '08. Severe MFIF. IVF/ICSI 1 9/10...BFN. IVF/ICSI/AH 2...7/11. ER 8/17/11, ET 8/22/11

mosleyd36 responded:
Ugh, I should stay off the internet. After reading stuff I am now worried that he couldn't at least see a good yolk sac. Like I said, he wasn't sure that is what we were seeing. Shouldn't there be a good size yolk sac by now? I'm 5weeks 3days. I hate that I can't enjoy this. I am totally going to be worried until Thursday now.
Danielle (30) DH (32)...TTC since July '08. Severe MFIF. IVF/ICSI 1 9/10...BFN. IVF/ICSI/AH 2...7/11. ER 8/17/11, ET 8/22/11

beachmommy5406 replied to mosleyd36's response:
(lurking) Danielle, I think your beta numbers look great. I have two very healthy babies and my betas didn't double ever. I know many RE's like to see the number get over 1000 before they stop doing them. And, I have to say I wouldn't worry too much at this point (so much harder to do that to say, I know) because there is a very good reason why so many RE's doin't do u/s's until after 6 weeks. They want to have a clear picture of the sac and not give us mommies any more anxiety than we are already experiencing by not seeing (or not knowing if they're seeing) a sac. I get why your RE wanted to do one...to rule out ectopic. Try not to worry too much about it. Your numbers look good and they're rising fine.

And yes...stay off the internet! I will tell you with my experience, I don't think I truly relaxed and enjoyed being pregnant until I was 24 weeks when I knew the baby was viable. I worried about everything up until then. It got easier and I relaxed a little bit more over time. But, the first 12 weeks or so I was terrified I'd m/c. Of course, I was spotting for the first 16 weeks and that didn't help.

wishing you the very best. I'll check back on Thursday to hear how your beta and u/s go!

H & H 9 months...and belly pats
Me (31) DH (32) DS, baby 2 due in June.

Susan1777 responded:
Danielle, I haven't been able to post in forever, but have been following your betas and am THRILLED for you (I was hoping it was the case of possibly both tried to implant but only one survived...now it's looking like that was the case). As far as the u/s, YES, STAY OFF THE NET! My RE was adament about doing 1st u/s at 6 weeks for that same reason....undue stress/anxiety for us mothers. The earliest he said he'd EVER schedule one is 5w5d....not 5w4d, 5w5d....stressed that urgently. Guess each and every day makes a huge difference, and he knew that from experience. Trust in your RE's optimistic thoughts...baby needs all good thoughts. I trust that your bean is fine and Thurs will bring a great u/s for you !!!
Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our little girl, Shelby Faith, was born on 5/29/09.

codysu responded:
Yea congrats Danielle! So glad things are still progressing. Don't stress to much about the u/s, it is really too early to see anything yet. I hope by Thursday you can see the sac and hopefully the fetal pole as well, and see a little heartbeat. So excited for you! KUP!
Cody (38 ) DH (45), IVF w ICSI AH 11/10, M/C 12/10, 4 IUI's-all BFN, IVF w ICSI AH Nov-11

no1phillygirl responded:

Well I just typed a whole post and it disappeared so here we go again.

I am so happy for you. I'm hoping that you will have a great u/s on Thurs and will hopefully see the heartbeat. I am always thinking of you and really hoping that this is your time.
Marla 41 DH 31 10/08 BFP m/c 11/08
6/09 RE (stage 2 endo)
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 11/09
ivf2 2/10 BFP cvs 13wks trisomy(d

codysu responded:
Thinking of you today...let us know how the u/s goes!
Cody (38 ) DH (45), IVF w ICSI AH 11/10, M/C 12/10, 4 IUI's-all BFN, IVF w ICSI AH Nov-11

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Danielle, one quick point to make--not all ultrasound machines are equal. Some offices/birth centers have better machines than others, so that can sometimes explain why you're not seeing anything and maybe a friend of yours did see something when she had an ultrasound at the same gestation.

Hope everything turns out okay and ectopic is ruled out,

Byroney
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance - Phyllis Diller

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH-34 Me34 Tubes Tied after DD birth in 2007 IVF #1 8/11-Cycle Cancelled due to Premature Ovulation on Lupron IVF #2 10/11- 17 eggs, 13 embryos, 3dt, ...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.