Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Infertility treatments for women who have turner's syndrome
An_241188 posted:
Hi, my husband and I are trying to get pregnant but I have Turner's syndrome and I have some questions about getting pregnant when I have turner's syndrome.

1)I'm on birth control for hormone replacement therapy because of my trurner's syndrome (because it causes my body to not make certain hormones my body needs), should I get off of it before pregnancy?
2) Is it possible for me to become pregnant on my own at all, or is oocyte donation the only way? I was told it was possible but rare that I could get pregnant on my own even with this condition that makes me infertile.
3)What health checks do I have to have before getting pregnant with this condition?
4) How are turner syndrome pregnancies different from normal pregnancies?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome An_241188!

The questions you're asking are really good ones. However, you'll need to discuss them with a perinatologist and/or a geneticist. They're the experts who will know how to answer your questions.

Best wishes on your trying to conceive journey, and please update us if you have a chance,

Byroney
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance - Phyllis Diller

Spotlight: Member Stories

Jessica (35) DH (38) TTC since 11/08 All cycles BFN: 2009 2 femara cycles 3 IUIs/follistim 2010 IVF #1 3/10 IVF #2 5/10 new RE IVF #3 11/10 crappy e...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.