Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
*Trigs* 1st Ultrasound
FrenchBulldogMom posted:
[TRIGGER] We had our first ultrasound this morning and it showed TWINS!!!! I nearly fell off of the table. We could hear their tiny heartbeats, too! My RE wants to see me in 2 weeks, then they're releasing me. I'm kind of sad to go. I will miss having such a good doctor's office.

I'm kind of having morning sickness now. I can only eat a small amount at a time and I feel queasy. I guess that's a good sign!
Me:35, DH:35, TTC 2 1/2 years, IVF Oct 11 BFP!!!

lindsycd responded:
That is fantastic! I would love twins. Congrats! Is there a support message board for that?

FrenchBulldogMom replied to lindsycd's response:
There's a twins community under pregnancy communities.

beckyatmoms responded:
Wow! Great news!
Becky (35) DH (31) TTC for over 3 years. MFIF DS(11) DD(5)
IVF1 3/10 BFN
IVF2 2/11 BFN
IVF3 - 12/11

livelaughmoe responded:
Great News!!!! How very exciting!
Me 28 DH 29 TTC for 2 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, one round hyperstimulated all = BFN. First round with IUI,Femara and HCG trigger was a BFN

nicram8683 responded:
Wow more twins! Congrats to you. I almost feel like an outsider for carrying a singleton, lol.

codysu responded:
Wow, congrats Mama!!! So excited for you!!!
Cody (38 ) DH (45), IVF w ICSI AH 11/10, M/C 12/10, 4 IUI's-all BFN, starting stims for IVF 2 Oct 19th

patwins responded:
Congratulations!! Twins are great!! Question... are you still on your meds? My Dr. still has me on all my meds, I'm calling them today, but just thought I'd check with you because I know you had a FET also. I know with my fresh cycle I was off all the meds the day after my first beta. I'm ready to get off these meds!!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to patwins's response:
I had a fresh cycle. I have to stay on my meds until I'm 12 weeks and I'm 7 weeks today. I hate the progesterone injections! My hips are swollen, lumpy, and itchy. I'm also using 2 progesterone suppositories daily and estrogen patches every other day.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Yay twins! So excited for you.

Best wishes for a healthy and happy pregnancy,

Byroney
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance - Phyllis Diller

ChloeMcG13 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Congratulations!

I am in my 2ww, and taking the progesterone suppositories. What are the estrogen patches for? And do you know exactly what the progesterone suppositories do?

Thanks!
Meg

FrenchBulldogMom replied to ChloeMcG13's response:
My doctor said that I'm on the progesterone and estrogen so that we can provide the best environment for the babies to develop and to minimize the risk of miscarriage. After IVF, they usually put everyone on at least one type of progesterone and the patches. I don't think that my estrogen is especially low, but they have me applying 1 Vivelle patch every other day. At my last beta, my progesterone wasn't as high as they wanted it to be, so they added the suppositories to my already once daily shots.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been with my husband for 10 years. Finally tied the knot on 3/27/10! We have been TTC for about 3 years; but never used protection throughout o...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.