Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
    Fertility Monitors VS Ovulation Prediction Kits
    Mercerswife posted:
    Hey ladies, so I've been at this OPK thing for quite some time and I'm finding it's adding up. I'm wondering if anyone has invested in a fertility monitor and if it's been any different that an OPK? I have 33-38day cycles and now my Clomid has been raised to 100mg to shorten my cycle so I'm not sure when I'll O. So I usually buy 30day kits and start testing around day 10, but I'm wondering if it's worth the money to get a monitor. Any thoughts?
    Lacey-24 DH 25, TTC 1, 2 m/c Round4 Clomid

livelaughmoe responded:
    I have the ova cue fertility monitor...obviously not working if I'm still on this forum!! Haha. Good question though, have you tried amazon for opk?they are cheaper online. I have a friend who uses the saliva tester, she likes it.
    Me 28 DH 29 TTC for 2 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, one round hyperstimulated all = BFN. First round with IUI,Femara and HCG trigger was a BFN

MarkieB responded:
    Well, I have the Clearblue easy fertility monitor that is due for its debut on Tuesday. So I will let you know how that works out.

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have been together since February 2006. We officially tied the knot on October 3, 2010. We have been TTC our first child since the spring of ...More

Helpful Tips

Infertility treatment abroad will cost less!
    I had my treatment at http://45.gs/cyprusivf , I gotta mention that I travelled from NY to Cyprus for that, my accommodation and flights ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.