Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Fertility Monitors VS Ovulation Prediction Kits
Mercerswife posted:
Hey ladies, so I've been at this OPK thing for quite some time and I'm finding it's adding up. I'm wondering if anyone has invested in a fertility monitor and if it's been any different that an OPK? I have 33-38day cycles and now my Clomid has been raised to 100mg to shorten my cycle so I'm not sure when I'll O. So I usually buy 30day kits and start testing around day 10, but I'm wondering if it's worth the money to get a monitor. Any thoughts?
Lacey-24 DH 25, TTC 1, 2 m/c Round4 Clomid

livelaughmoe responded:
I have the ova cue fertility monitor...obviously not working if I'm still on this forum!! Haha. Good question though, have you tried amazon for opk?they are cheaper online. I have a friend who uses the saliva tester, she likes it.
Me 28 DH 29 TTC for 2 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, one round hyperstimulated all = BFN. First round with IUI,Femara and HCG trigger was a BFN

MarkieB responded:
Well, I have the Clearblue easy fertility monitor that is due for its debut on Tuesday. So I will let you know how that works out.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 29 and DH is 42. We did our 1st IVF cycle in october of 2007. extremely low sperm was our ONLY issue at the time. Two Embies transfered Two stuck...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.