Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
1st IVF:Done with injections onto ER!
Hoping4thebest11 posted:
I took my 30th (yes I counted) and last shot last night... The hgc. I have ER on Sunday. Yesterday's ultra sound showed 15 follies. I'm excited and nervous but also thankful I'm getting close to the end. How's everyone else doing??
Me(32), DH(32); TTC for 3 years on our own then diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - all BFNs. Hoping to try IVF in 2012!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

KL0124 responded:
Congratulations on making it through that many shots! 15 follicles is such a great number. Will be thinking good things for you tomorrow.

We are going for IVF consult 2/22, to get things moving forward for us. Please share about the procedure if you are comfortable sharing. I'm very nervous about that part of IVF.
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels, mild MF and FF IF, IUI1 m/c, 2 BFN,

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
Wow 15 follicles!!! I hope you get tons of embies!!!

Hey KL, is the ER the part of IVF that you're nervous about or the shots? When I went in for ER, it was not bad at all. The worst part of it was the nurse anesthesist had a hard time getting my IV started. After that, I went right to sleep and didn't even know I had drifted off until my RE told me "all done!".
Me:35, DH:35, TTC 2 1/2 years, IVF 1: Twins due in June!!!

Hoping4thebest11 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Thanks ladies. I'm back from ER and resting in bed. You were right frenchbulldogmom, it wasnt that bad. I was super nervous. But funny story. The anastesiologist says ok so I'm going to give you something that relaxes you before I put you to sleep. So I'm lying there wicked nervous and then all of sudden this relaxing drug takes effect and i'm like thinking... ER? Whatever. It's going to be fine!!! It was so funny as I went from anxiety attack to cool as a cucumber in seconds. Then I woke up and definitely felt cramping but after they gave me a heating pad and some extra strength Tylenol, my pain went from about a 5 on a 1-10 scale to about a 2. Have extremely mild cramping now and very light bleeding. They retrieved 14 eggs and I contact the lab tomorrow to find out how they are fertilizing as well as the date of my ET!
Me(32), DH(32); TTC for 3 years on our own then diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - all BFNs. Hoping to try IVF in 2012!

codysu replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
Hoping I'm so happy the ER went well! I can't wait to hear your fert. report. Sending positive thoughts for lots of fertilized embryos!
Cody (38 ) DH (45), IVF w ICSI AH 11/10, M/C 12/10, 4 IUI's-all BFN, IVF 2 BFP!! EDD July 26, 2012

FrenchBulldogMom replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
I'm so glad that your ER went smoothly. I had some wicked cramps after mine, too. I can't wait to find out how many embryos you guys have!!!

Hoping4thebest11 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Good news so far. Out of the 12 eggs they chose to fertilize, 11 fertilized normally. I have to call back tomorrow afternoon to find out more! I know I'm not out of the woods yet but at least things are looking good. Thanks to you all for the support!! It means so much. I'll write again tomorrow to let you know what's up. Cody and French, how are your pregnancies going??

FrenchBulldogMom replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
I'm doing pretty good. My morning sickness is getting a little better, but I still have to take a Zofran every day. I'm pretty tired, but I'm still working 30 hours a week. I felt the boy twin kick last week, but nothing since then. I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow. Next Tues is the big growth scan at my high-risk OB. They'll look at the babies' size and development.

I can't believe you got 11 eggs to fertilize. That's so awesome!!! During my cycle, we only had 9 eggs and of those only 4 were mature and then only 3 fertilized. You'll probably have a few to freeze.

beckyatmoms replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
That is a wonderful Fert Report! I think typically they look to have a 50% fertilization rate. Hopefully that means you will have a lot to choose from and freeze.

Keep us updated!!!
Becky (35) DH (31) TTC for over 3 years. MFIF DS(12) DD(5)
IVF1 (Long Lupron) 3/10 BFN
IVF2 (Long Lupron) 2/11 BFN
IVF3 (Antagonist) BFP!!!
TWINS!!! EDD 8/23/12

KL0124 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Congratulations on your twins! I'm much more worried about the ER. I've had to do trigger shots and DH is certified in giving immunizations, so while they are not fun, they go smoothly. Hearing that it went so smoothly for you helps. I guess I've got all kinds of scary imaginings.

KL0124 replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
11 fertilizing is awesome! Things are looking fantastic for you! When are they thinking for ET?

Hoping4thebest11 replied to KL0124's response:
ET is tomorrow at 10:15am! We are down to 9 now and they are going to choose the best two tomorrow morning to implant. The ones that make it to blast stage will be frozen. Nervous, excited, hopeful, terrified, you name it.

batchk replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
Hoping, that's a great report! Its not the number its the quality that counts. Those 9 are probably perfect little 8-19 cell beans :)Your emotions sound like what I went through previously...and don't forget PUPO! Baby dust to you for an uneventful 2ww.
kerri
Me(33)Dh(34)married 12yrs
dx 01 severe male factor
15yr natural ttc
07/04 IUI W/Clomid
10/04 ICSI IVF fail
1/05 ICSI IVF twin preg- 1twin miscarriage 10wk- 1dd born 10/05
trying again!

KL0124 replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
You are probably in the middle of ET right now. Amazing number of good ones. Hope it went well and you have a relaxing 2 ww. Can't wait for you updates. Baby dust.

Hoping4thebest11 replied to KL0124's response:
Thanks again ladies for your kind words and encouragement. My potential twins are in there. We also were able to see a little tiny bright light on the ultrasound screen. So we saw them. They also gave me the cover of the petri dish that held them. For some reason I cried after it was all over. I haven't cried throught the cycle but I think my tears proved although it wasn't bad, it was a lot harder than what most people go through. Love and hugs to the pregnant moms to be and live, hugs, and baby dust to those who ate trying this month. And a big thank you to all for everything!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 29 and DH is 42. We did our 1st IVF cycle in october of 2007. extremely low sperm was our ONLY issue at the time. Two Embies transfered Two stuck...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.