Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
trying to get pregnant
tryingtgetpregnant posted:
Need your help! I am trying to get pregnant - my insurance is tapped out and we are having to pay out of pocket. I conceived once using the Follistim and want to try again. We have done I.U.I's and I have been taking Femera (same as clomid) - but haven't had much luck. Does anyone know where I can take out a medical loan to help with the financing?

Please share your advice - thank you

lindsycd responded:
I am not aware of any medical loans, but do you own a house? Have you refinanced lately?
Me 33; DH 37;TTC 2.5 years; MFIF low morphology.
First IUI 12/03/2011 = BFN
Second IUI 02/01/2012.

batchk replied to lindsycd's response:
Have you looked into Care Credit? Its a medical credit line that can be used for many different specialty area! http://www.carecredit.com/

Hope this helps
Kerri
Me(33)Dh(34)married 12yrs
dx 01 severe male factor
15yr natural ttc
07/04 IUI W/Clomid
10/04 ICSI IVF fail
1/05 ICSI IVF twin preg- 1twin miscarriage 10wk- 1dd born 10/05
trying again!

bdeem23 replied to batchk's response:
can you use care credit for IF?? i have that card but not tried to use it for IF...it would be nice to be able to, i go next week for my first IUI...

batchk replied to bdeem23's response:
I think you can. Its worth asking Call Care Credit I know the cover ALL cosmetic, veterinary, complimentary medicine, dentistry and specialty medical. Its worth the inquiry to them.
Me(33)Dh(34)married 12yrs
dx 01 severe male factor
15yr natural ttc
07/04 IUI W/Clomid
10/04 ICSI IVF fail
1/05 ICSI IVF twin preg- 1twin miscarriage 10wk- 1dd born 10/05
trying again!

Jennifer_C12 responded:
Lurking...We did two IVF cycles completely out of pocket. The first time we took out a $11,000 unsecured personal loan (paid it off) then the second time we took out a $4000 unsecured personal loan. We were very blessed the second time because our RE's clinic waves the doctor's fees, which are $5000, if the first cycle is a bust. We were also able to get the about a quarter of our meds for free (thanks to ladies that had left-overs).

Best of Luck!
Jennifer

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
We talked to the financial counselor at our RE's office. She gave us the information for two medical loan companies. Check with your doctor's office to see if they can point you in the right direction.
Me:35, DH:35, TTC 2 1/2 years, IVF 1: Twins due in June!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (34), DH (37), Married 01/07, TTC since 01/10; IUI with OBGYN 02/11 & 03/11, both BFN; Went to RE 04/11; IUI with clomid 05/11 & 06/11, bot...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.