Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Where do you order your meds from?
deliela999 posted:
I had my first RE visit Friday and he ordered Femara/Gonal-f/HCG trigger. They gave me a list of pharmacies to call and compare prices, but gave me some ballparks. I'm still absorbing the cost of this because I didn't expect it to be so expensive right away. I only had time to call the one local pharmacy on their list and the prices were about $1200 for all of it. I suspect this is the most expensive, but also about double their estimate. Hopefully I can get home from work early enough tonight to make more calls. What does everyone do to keep the cost down? I'm also going to have to pay the doctor's office $525 for the ultrasounds and bloodwork. I really hope we don't find the point where we are limited by lack of funds, but it's looking like we will be if it becomes much more expensive.

beckyatmoms responded:
All my meds were ordered through Freedom Pharmacy which mails all your meds to you. I don't know about cost though because mine were covered by insurance.

Just call everywhere you can, the prices can differ a lot and the meds are the same so take the time to find the lowest price.

Good luck!
Becky (35) DH (31) TTC for over 3 years. MFIF DS(12) DD(5)
IVF1 (Long Lupron) 3/10 BFN
IVF2 (Long Lupron) 2/11 BFN
IVF3 (Antagonist) BFP!!!
TWINS!!! EDD 8/23/12

Jennifer_C12 responded:
Lurking...We used Ascend Specialty Pharmacy. They over night your meds to you and I don't think we had to pay any shipping costs.

Best of Luck!
Jennifer

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I have gotten meds from Freedom Fertility Pharmacy and Success Meds. My RE changed to Success because they offer payment plans. We had to pay $900 a month for 3 months to pay for our IVF stuff. I really like Freedom, though.
Me:35, DH:35, TTC 2 1/2 years, IVF 1: Twins due in June!!!

livelaughmoe responded:
Walgreens has a prescription program for 25 dollars for a year, see if that can help you, or walmarts 4 dollar scripts. Have you looked into ordering from canada? Bet it's cheaper, I order my allergy mess from Canada and save a ton.
Me 28 DH 29 TTC for 2 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, one round hyperstimulated all = BFN. First round with IUI,Femara and HCG trigger was a BFN

batchk responded:
We used Village Pharmacy the first iui, and both previous ICSI IVF's. We will be using them this time as well. The mail/ship meds to you and have payment plans. Also, for self payee's they adjust rates to accommodate. Our insurance covers 100% of all procedures and meds- but this pharmacy has been fantastic!!
http://www.villagefertilitypharmacy.com/
Me(33)Dh(34)married 12yrs
dx 01 severe male factor
15yr natural ttc
07/04 IUI W/Clomid
10/04 ICSI IVF fail
1/05 ICSI IVF twin preg- 1twin miscarriage 10wk- 1dd born 10/05
trying again!

Frenchie3952 responded:
I'm not sure about pricing because my insurance does pick up costs other than my trigger shot, but I love Freedom Pharmacy. Their customer service is amazing and they are incredibly helpful. Hope this helps a little!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Bonnie, my DH and I have been TTC for over 18 months. I have PCOS and thyroid issues. Been on metformin since August. Going to the RE on De...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.