Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Estradiol Side Effects
livelaughmoe posted:
Hey Ladies, I am currently on a Femara regiman. My doc is trying something new this month. Apparenly Femara makes your Estrogen low (or can in some women) and mine was 75 and it should be at 150 or higher. I am on CD 10 and have 2 follicles that look like players, a 15 and a 17. They are starting me on Estradiol 2mg for 2 weeks 3 times per day. Any side effects that I should know about? Thanks, hope to so HCG injection soon and have IUI within the next 3 days! Keep me in your prayers (we'll need it) -Cassy
Me 28 DH 29 TTC for 2 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, one round hyperstimulated all = BFN. First round with IUI,Femara and HCG trigger was a BFN

jennifer_c12 responded:
Lurking...I took Estradiol for both IVF cycles. I don't recall having any horrible side effects from it. With it combined with everything else I just had the general tired and bloated feelings.

Jennifer

lindsycd responded:
Cassy: Thinking of you!! My last two cycles were clomid 200mg, how does the Femara compare?
Me 33; DH 37;TTC 2.5 years; MFIF low morphology.
First IUI 12/03/2011 = BFN
Second IUI 02/01/2012 = BFN.

Tiff1124 responded:
Hi there!
I had no side effects really. I know it is different from person to person, but this was one of the more agreeable meds, in my opinion. I'm taking estradiol now, along with progesterone, and the only real side effects I have are mild bloating and breast swelling/tenderness. HTH Good luck!

livelaughmoe replied to lindsycd's response:
Lindycd, way less side effects with the Femara. Clomid made me crazy, hot flashes, ect. No real side effects with Femara, except it lowers my estrogen so they add estradiol to supplement that. Good luck!
Me 28 DH 29 TTC for 2 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, one round hyperstimulated all = BFN. First round with IUI,Femara and HCG trigger was a BFN

lindsycd replied to livelaughmoe's response:
They added Menopur to supplement the estrogen. I'm hoping my lining likes Femara more than Clomid. I really had no other side-effects with Clomid.
Me 34; DH 37;TTC 2.5 years; MFIF low morphology.
First IUI 12/03/2011 = BFN
Second IUI 02/01/2012 = BFN.
Third IUI March 2012.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 29 DH is 27 we have been ttc for 2 years. I have had thyroid problems just before ttc, had to do radioactive treatment and wait for 6 months befo...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.