Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Here Again
Tiff1124 posted:
Hi all-

I used to frequent these boards but I had to take a break to try to regain some sense of normal. I just thought I would reintroduce myself, because I realize that the help and support that I used to get here is much needed, once again.

Our TTC journey for miracle #2 began almost 3 years ago. I have had 7 IUIs with all sorts of different drug cocktails- all failed. I did have one chemical pregnancy in Oct. 2010- with clomid, no iui.

I am currently in the 2WW- I am 8dp5dt- 2 frozen blasts. We underwent IVF #1 in October/November- 14 eggs retrieved and all but 3 were immature. Only 1 made it to embryo stage, and we transferred that at 3 days post retrieval. Unsuccessful attempt.

IVF #2 with ICSI began in December, and I sadly got severe OHSS. After retrieving 30 eggs, 19 fertilized (11 with ICSI). Then we were able to vitrify 5 blasts and 2 morulas. I was hospitalized for several days, and of course this meant that I could not transfer. The dr also decided that we should wait out a cycle to try to let my body normalize from the OHSS and all of the meds.

So, here we are- FET #1 was done on 2/10 and I am extremely anxious this time. This may be the most complicated 2WW EVER! I do, however, have cramps and breast tenderness, which can be a sign of just about anything- progesterone, AF, or even the long awaited BFP.

Anyway... I am back! I hope that everyone I knew here previously has found resolution.

livelaughmoe responded:
Welcome back, wishing you all the best!
Me 28 DH 29 TTC for 2 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, one round hyperstimulated all = BFN. First round with IUI,Femara and HCG trigger was a BFN

lindsycd responded:
Ugh, that sounds rough. Good luck with the 2WW it is pure torture. Take care of yourself. Good luck and baby dust!
Me 33; DH 37;TTC 2.5 years; MFIF low morphology.
First IUI 12/03/2011 = BFN
Second IUI 02/01/2012 = BFN.

Spotlight: Member Stories

TTC since 01/2007 - found MFIF in 12/2007. DH had testicular biopsy and found good lil guys so they were able to freeze some!! Waiting on $$ to begin ...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.