Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Need Advice/Thoughts and Opinions
prayforamiracle posted:
I have posted on this board in the past a couple of times. I do lurk here to learn as much as I possibly can. I really need your wealth of knowledge and expertise. I just had my second IUI yesterday, which included 200mg of Clomid and Trigger shot. Last month's IUI was my first IUI and resulted in a BFN. Last month's IUI we had a total of 69 million sperm, with 14 million being motile. My concern is with this month's numbers. I don't think it can physically be possible in a month's time to have such a huge difference in numbers. This time we had 225 million sperm, with 141.8 million motile. I go to a very professional fertility center and I can't imagine a mix up, but I can't help but worry did they add an extra digit in the numbers they shouldn't have or do I have my husband's sperm.(They are very thorough, about signing off each time the specimen changes hands and I also have to verify the numbers and name) I questioned the nurse and she said we abstained four days this time and last time for 2.5 days. We have had sperm analysis performed with 4 or 5 days abstaining and didn't have anywhere near those numbers. I'm just very concerned and don't really know what to think. I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions. Don't worry about hurting my feeling, I really want to hear your honest thoughts.
ME(36) DH (43) TTC since 11/2006. Only pregnancy resulted in miscarriage in 7/2007. Dealing with PCOS(not insulin-resistant) and MFI. 1st IUI 1/2012=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/2012

Hoping4thebest11 responded:
My opinion is to call the clinic and ask to speak to your RE to discuss your concerns. I sometimes think the nurses merely read your numbers while the RE analyzes them. You have the right to talk to your RE directly. Just call the nurses station and say you have some questions you would like to discuss with your doctor and you would appreciate a call back. You don't need to tell the nurses what the questions are. I think nurses can be excellent and I greatly appreciate what they do for all of us but some of them need a dose of reality as they cannot sympathize with patient concerns. This is big stuff here and we deserve some sympathy and should never be given the run around. Good luck sweetie!!
Me(32), DH(32); TTC for 3 years on our own then diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - all BFNs. Hoping to try IVF in 2012!

lindsycd responded:
My understanding is that the "wash" count is a very basic count and not to the level of detail of the semen analysis. I've had two IUI's and the nurse and RE told me the same thing when I asked about numbers. Definitely speak to your RE directly about your concerns. Good luck and baby dust!
Me 33; DH 37;TTC 2.5 years; MFIF low morphology.
First IUI 12/03/2011 = BFN
Second IUI 02/01/2012 = BFN.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Toni! I'm 30, DH is 36. We've been married for almost 3 years, have not used protection for 4 years but have been TTC for over ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.