Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Here We Go Again....
jon3brn posted:
This will be my third time in "attempting" to cycle in a few days. The past two cycles have been stopped due to a number of cysts the first time and then the size of the cysts the second time. To my suprise earlier this afternoon at 1PM, my cycle began on what started out as Cycle Day 22. The past two times, I did everything that was asked of me. I was eating healthy, taking all the vitamins and plus some extras. Excercising on a regular basis and my body just was not cooperating. After this last time, I stopped taking the vitamins, I stopped eating healthy and I stopped charting my bbt. I drank star bucks coffee, had glasses of wine, ate chocolate and sweets, etc.

But with the start of this cycle and it starting out brown (meeting the old cysts are being shed) I may have a shot at cycling. But I am not getting my hopes up, just to have them dashed again. Tomorrow morning, I will wake up have a bowl of ceral, take my vitamins, do my yoga and then go to my massage appointment. While I am there, I will walk down the hall to my RE to let them know that I have started and make my appt for Wednesday.

Once I get home, I will have another bowl of ceral and go for a light walk on the treadmill before preparing a late lunch snack with frozen berries. Hopefully with some good news on Wednesday, I can get back on the healthy path to help prepare for our child. But as of right now, I am just trying to relax and stay focused on getting the needed rest I need. With school, life, interning and all of this, you do not realize how worn down you become until you can no longer push yourself and ayour drinking redbull, starbucks coffee and soda just to have some energy to get through the day.

Heres to me and all the ladies starting a new cycle and making another attempt for the ultimate goal of MOTHERHOOD.
Me(28) and DH(28), Married and TTC since April 2008, 3 rounds of clomid no success, 6 month break, Jan. 2012 BC for one cycle due to cysts, 1 IUI attempt Feb. 2012

deliela999 responded:
Positive vibes your way! Hopefully you can start your treatment!

lindsycd responded:
I'm rooting for you! Try this smoothie: 1-2 frozen bananas, 2 TBSP almond butter and 1 cup almond breeze (milk substitute) toss it all in a blender. It is so good and filling. Also for your energy level, try taking Emergen*C first thing in the am. Apples also have a decent dose of natural caffeine.
Me 33; DH 37;TTC 2.5 years; MFIF low morphology.
First IUI 12/03/2011 = BFN
Second IUI 02/01/2012 = BFN.

jon3brn replied to lindsycd's response:
Thanks I will try the smoothie. I actually just broke my blende making a mixed berry smoothie. I need to get a stronger one with a better blade. Thanks for the additional hints, I will use it all.
Me(28) and DH(29), Married and TTC since April 2008, 3 rounds of clomid no success, 6 month break, Jan. 2012 BC for one cycle due to cysts, Feb. 2012 no BC for cysts (again)

jon3brn replied to deliela999's response:
Thanks. fingers, toes, eyes, legs and arms all crossed that our families birthday month (March) is the month for the good news.
Me(28) and DH(29), Married and TTC since April 2008, 3 rounds of clomid no success, 6 month break, Jan. 2012 BC for one cycle due to cysts, Feb. 2012 no BC for cysts (again)

att76 replied to jon3brn's response:
Good luck to you! I am hoping this will be the cycle where you will get "to try"!!! let us know how it goes!
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11), First round IUI 12/14/11--BFN, Second round IUI 1/10/12, 3rd round IUI 2/9, will know by 2/23

Tiff1124 responded:
Good Luck! It sounds like you have a great plan

jon3brn replied to att76's response:
HOLY BATMAN, it has happened!!! I am free and clear to cycle this month. I still have a few cysts on each side, but she said were okay and not to worry about. When the nurse left to put my cycle schedule together, I cried a little. I just couldnt believe after all of this time that we finally get to try. An actual attempt..

I went from very relieved to very excited to cycle to worried again, because I have never made it past the ultrasound before. Whats next? Kind of thinking. But I have the schedule, I have the clomid to begin tomorrow evening (before bed) and we will be on our way. I know this is not a sure thing, but its a "try" at least. We have a real tangilbe attempt here that could result in a pregnancy. How I feel about that is unclear and trying not to get ahead of myself. But trying to just take it a day at a time. I am just happy to make it past the ultrasound. That 245.00 amount was killing me.

jon3brn replied to Tiff1124's response:
Im still on the plan. Having my two bowls of special K ceral for breakfast and lunch, taking the vitamins, doing the yoga, etc. but with no milk this morning, I gotta run back out to get some.

But I have made it past the first step. Its on to the the second step. Heres to a healthy cycle...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 31 and my husband is 32. We've been trying to conceive for over two years. I have normal ovarian function and my DH has low morphology. 10/0...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.