Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Was told by RE doctor to abstain from sex during Menopur + HCG shot
Anon_9449 posted:
I would like to know why do we need to abstain from intercourse while we are doing injections and HCG.. and IUI ..I can understand 3 days before the IUI to get better sperms results, but why not before. Does any one know?

jdfan14 responded:
Hi-I am not sure but IVF maybe diff than IUI but during our IVF cycles we were told we could have intercourse just as long as it was protected. Strange I know but they said while on the meds *just in case* something would happen that it had to be protected intercourse. Hope that helps.
Me 33 PCOS, DH 36 low motility
September 2010 RE consult; need IVF
October 2010 through August 2011 cancelled cycles due to CMV
1st IVF September 2011-BFN
2nd IVF December 2011

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 31 and my husband is 32. We've been trying to conceive for over two years. I have normal ovarian function and my DH has low morphology. 10/0...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.