Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Discouraged!!!!!!
att76 posted:
WEll I am pretty sure AF is showing today. I was really hoping this month was THE month. I felt sooooooo much different and didn't have any of the side effects from the clomid, IUI, or shots. Now DH and I need to make a decision about the next step, do we do another IUI, get referred to the RE, or quit! We will talk about it this weekend hopefully. At this point I don't know what to do. I just wish something would work and I had some answers as to why I am NOT getting pregnant!!! Well I am very sad today and just want to cry, but can't since I am at work. Not many peopel here know and I don't want to have to explain any of it! It's just to hard!!!!!!
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11), First round IUI 12/14/11--BFN, Second round IUI 1/10/12, 3rd round IUI 2/9, will know by 2/23

lindsycd responded:
Until AF shows, don't believe it! Did you take a test? You're past your TWW. If this round didn't work, get referred to the RE. Get aggressive as early as possible. That is my advice. If it didn't work, I'm so sorry. xo
Me 34; DH 37;TTC 2.5 years; MFIF low morphology.
First IUI 12/03/2011 = BFN
Second IUI 02/01/2012 = BFN.
Third IUI March 2012.

att76 replied to lindsycd's response:
Well it didn't work! AF showed today like I thought. I called the doctor but he isn't in today so I have to wait until Monday to find out what he wants to do, which is okay because DH and i need to talk about it. I don't know how long you have been trying but after 16 now 17 months I am just getting discouraged by it all. I have done all the tests and there is no medical reason for us not getting pregnant! Well thanks for listening!
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11), First round IUI 12/14/11--BFN, Second round IUI 1/10/12, 3rd round IUI 2/9, will know by 2/23

Epalomar replied to att76's response:
Keep your thoughts positive. Me(31) and dh(33) have been trying for 3 years now. 4 rounds of clomid/estrogen with IUI and no luck. Unexplained infertility. But doc thinks dh's sperm may e be on the low side and motility is low as well. They pretty much told us during this last IUI to move on to IVF.. but u gotta stay positive.

att76 replied to Epalomar's response:
Thanks for the support! I know it has been a long road for a lot of the women on here. I am glad to know that the ladies on here know exactly what I am going through and feeling. It is nice to know I can come here vent, cry whatever and know that you all understand!! Thanks so much and I am better today. I will try to stay positive!!!

lindsycd replied to att76's response:
We've been trying for 2.5 nearly 3 years. It wasn't until August that I buckled down and made an appointment with the RE. Until you work with an RE get all your blood tests and have DH's sperm analyzed of course you're not going to know what's up. Plus the RE's office is (seemingly) more sympathetic. They have this down pat. Take control of your fertility, it WILL happen. Also, I recommend acupuncture and alternative treatments. They're good for the mind and body. xo
Me 34; DH 37;TTC 2.5 years; MFIF low morphology.
First IUI 12/03/2011 = BFN
Second IUI 02/01/2012 = BFN.
Third IUI March 2012.

att76 replied to lindsycd's response:
I have had the DHs SA done with OB and an HSG done. My doctor called me back yesterday and said he was going to refer me to the RE. The REs office called yesterday afternoon to schedule the first appointment. I go March 21st. I am meeting with a PA on the first appointment only because it would have been the end of april otherwise. The receptionist assured me that the PA and the doctor talk about everything and both are kept in the loop so to speak. I do know the RE wants to do another SA for DH.

I did try acupoint (acupuncture scared me). I also had someone give me a herbal drink recipe to help also.

Thanks for everything!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to att76's response:
I wouldn't worry about meeting with the PA instead of the RE. I saw my RE's two nurse practitioners lots of time for bloodwork, ultrasounds, and a lesson on how to give myself shots. I was impressed with my RE's entire staff.
My husband had to have 2 SAs. The first one was extremely low, but the second one was good. My doctor said that he was probably in the middle somewhere.

I know you're excited about your appointment. Keep us posted!!!
Me:35, DH:35, TTC 2 1/2 years, IVF 1: Twins due in June!!!

att76 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Thanks! you are right I am excited about my RE appointment. I am hoping he will try something new and maybe find a reason why I am not getting pregnant. The only thing that sucks is that he is an hour away and I hope I don't have to do a lot of b/w or u/s'. I want to have those things, but just don't want to drive an hour for them to take blood. I have taken off so much time from work already that I don't want to have to take off more. I really don't want them to think I don't want my job. I am a teacher and yes I have talked to my principal so he knows, but still. Our school district is going though some financial difficulties and would really not like to be on the chopping block because of all the misses.

Well I have rambled enough! Thanks for the reassurance!

deliela999 replied to att76's response:
I had my first appointment a few weeks ago and am about to start treatment as soon as AF shows. It will be the first time in over a year I'll be happy to see her. My RE has a satellite office near me, but they do all their monitoring an hour away. I go as soon as AF starts for an ultrasound to make sure all is good to go, then back after several days of meds for another ultrasound and blood test. They do all those starting at 7:30 am first come first served. I ovulated on clomid, but didn't get pregnant so he's trying femara along with gonal-f injections and an HCG trigger shot. Good luck!! I'm excited to be working with an RE now.

att76 replied to deliela999's response:
Good luck with everything! So what is the doctor going to try? IUI or IVF? Keep me updated with everything. It is exciting to start with an RE, but a little nervous with all the new questions and experiences. Just a little bit of the unknown makes me nervous. Well good luck with everything! keep me updated.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello All. My husband and I have been TTC baby # 2 since July 2010 so we are 17 months of trying. I will say it is much easier having my son now. He i...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.