Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
HCG
jclay2011 posted:
Hi all! I'm new to this forum. I was wondering in any ladies have ever been on Femara 2.5mg cd 3-7? did it work? I received a trigger shot og HCG 10,000 on 2/20/12. I have been taking preg test everyday to check and see if it's left in my system. of course it still is. I'm due to start af on 3/9/12. When can I take a preg test and not get a false possitive? also dr put me on Progesterone Lozenges every 12 hours. Please someone help:) thanks

lindsycd responded:
Did your doctor do regular ultrasounds to look at your follicles and discuss the effect of the Femara on your ovaries and uterus? I did Femara with Menopur this round, we triggered last night. My IUI is tomorrow. My nurse said I responeded really well to the Femara. I had 6 or 7 good follicles on each ovary compared to 2 last round. My uterine lining was 7mm as compared to 5 on the previous round. Wait until at least two weeks after the trigger, maybe more to test. Based off of what I normally do, I suggest testing on 3/7. Good luck!
Me 34; DH 37;TTC 2.5 years; MFIF low morphology.
First IUI 12/03/2011 = BFN
Second IUI 02/01/2012 = BFN.
Third IUI March 2012.

jclay2011 replied to lindsycd's response:
Yes I had u/s. I only have one tube so it will take us longer to conceive. I had 2 good gollicles on my left side and my lining was 6.5. I was on Femara 2.5mg cd 3-7. I will retest on the 7th..it's driving me nuts with this wait...lol... keeping fingers crossed. I had brownish/pink spotting 2 days ago but only lasted a few hours and now nothing. my period is due on 3/7.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 29 and my DH is 27... we have one beautiful little boy who was 2 in April. He was conceived through IVF/ICSI and we think he is an absolute mi...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.