Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
PLEASE HELP HPT
jclay2011 posted:
My cycle started on 2/10/12.. on cd 3 2/13/12 my doc had me to Femara 2.5mg cd 3-7. I had a trigger shot of HCG 10,000 on 2/20/12. Progesterone Lozenges 200mg every 12 hours. When should I take a HPT and not get false possitive? Please help. Thanks

light76 responded:
Hello,
Around 10 days after the day you took your HCG shot; the HCG should be out of your system. So in your case that would be by March 1st. But that might be too early for you show a positive on the pregnancy test if you are indeed pregnant too.

jclay2011 replied to light76's response:
tomorrow I will be 6 days past the trigger and I'm still showing a possitive. Should I assume this is a false possitive?

Hoping4thebest11 replied to jclay2011's response:
Unfortunately yes it is probably a false positive. It takes 10 - 14 days for the trigger to leave your system. I know the wait is so hard but hang in there. Try testing at day 10 as light suggested and see. Hoping you get your BFP!!
Me(32), DH(32); TTC for 3 years on our own then diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - all BFNs. Hoping to try IVF in 2012!

jclay2011 replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
Thank you:) So at day 10 post trigger try? should I use a certain kind on test? Thank you for all your help

Hoping4thebest11 replied to jclay2011's response:
I always use the first response 5 days sooner tests because I believe they are the most sensitive. Good luck sweetie! I know the wait is killer but here's hoping that it'll be worth waiting for this month for you!! Best of luck!!
Me(32), DH(32); TTC for 3 years on our own then diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - all BFNs. Hoping to try IVF in 2012!

jclay2011 replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
Thank you sooo much! This wait is hard! So I should wait until 10 days post trigger and use first response 5 day? Would it be accurate then?

Tiff1124 replied to jclay2011's response:
It is possible that the First Response Early Result could pick up some of the trigger at 10 days post. My RE always recommends waiting until 14-16days past trigger to be sure. Good Luck! The wait is so hard!
4 Clomid cycles- 1 Angel Baby
6 Failed IUIs 1/11-8/11- All BFN
IVF 1- 11/11 Only 1 embryo :-( BFN
IVF 2- 12/12 Severe OHSS- Transfer cancelled
FET 1- 2/12 BFN
Unexplained Secondary Infertility

Spotlight: Member Stories

Was on ITSG since May of 2004....due to PCOS, tubal, and male factor issues, 5 years of TTC, numerous surgeries, IUI's, and 3 IVF's later, our...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.