Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Meds ordered and reeling
KL0124 posted:
On the plus side, we are saving around $1000 on meds. I was hoping for the lower end of the med estimates that I've seen all over. Unfortunately, we have exceeded the high end of the estimates. Gotta love my 40 year old, heading into menopause ovaries in my 30 year old body. This has got to work because we can't afford to do this again for a couple of years and then I will be in full blown menopause. My body is going to hate me even more with all of the meds I'm going to be pumping into it in the next month.
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels, mild MF and FF IF, IUI1 m/c, 2 BFN,

Hoping4thebest11 responded:
Yay for moving forward. I will be your cycle buddy! I am trying next cycle. You'll get your BFP and then I'll get mine a few weeks later. I start Lupron in like 18 days. Can't wait to cheer you on and hear your good news!!
Me(32), DH(32); TTC for 3 years on our own then diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - all BFNs. Hoping to try IVF in 2012!

KL0124 replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
We are going to be very close cycle buddies. They are shooting for a 3/31 ER for me. When is yours? Are the keeping the same protocol since you had so many good eggs? What other meds will you be on? Sorry for the gazillion questions. Im just excited you are moving forward and in get a cycle buddy. My med list seems insane, but it's all about what works for the individual. I've got ganrelex, menopur, medrol, estrogen patches, gonal f, doxycycline, hcg trigger, and then progesterone shots after ET.

Hoping4thebest11 replied to KL0124's response:
By my calculations my ER will be around April 8th so I'll be a little over a week behind you.

They are keeping my same protocol as I did respond well to it. You are definitely on more drugs. I take Lupron for 2 weeks and then add the Gonal f pen for 6 days (that's what it was last time). Then I take HCG, go for ER and ET and then take progesterone suppositories during the 2ww.

Ask away with the questions. Its funny, last year when I was forced to take a break due to insurance, there were a ton of great ladies going IVF but when I started my first cycle, basically everyone here was doing iui. It's nice to have someone to go through it with. I'm going to start a march / April ivf post for us and anyone else who might be going it to jump on board. When do you start your meds?
Me(32), DH(32); TTC for 3 years on our own then diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - all BFNs. Hoping to try IVF in 2012!

Fleischman responded:
I hear ya on the 40yr old ovaries. Just turned 29 in feb and i have been told the same thing. My fertility and drastically went down hill. When we started in 2007 I wasn't the issue. When we started to try again for baby# 2 my outcome was sooooo off. The doctors were very confused at how poor my cycle went. We have increase the meds to be more aggressive and hoping with the PDG banking we can get good embies stored away!!!

I start my estrace next week, expected ER around march 25.

best of luck to you!

Me (29) DH (42) Married 2006
IVF 1 - 10/07- BFP TWINS DS/DD, 32 weeks delivered. DD angel 18 days later.
FT1 - 8/10- BFN
IVF 2- 11/10- BFN
IVF 3- 3/12 FINGERS CROSSED w/PDG DHEA and CoQ10

We are going to be very close this cycle. Sounds like you have your meds under control. I go in 3/13 for med teaching and will start the estrogen patches 3/15. Then add in the ganrelex and I don't know the rest from there until trigger and ER 3/31. I will start taking the progesterone and they are waiting to see about ET for embryo quality and quantity. Low numbers and quality mean 3 transferred on day 3. Good numbers and quality mean 2 transferred on day 5. I'm calling it my Lenton journey with my first appt on Ash Wednesday and finishing up just before Easter. You mentioned on another thread having an Easter ER for your Easter Eggs. That's fun. And your ET will be just after your birthday. Hopefully April will be a big month for you.

Thank you for answering all of my questions. It is nice to have someone to go through it with. I like your idea of creating a thread for those of us doing IVF this month or so. Good luck!

KL0124 replied to Fleischman's response:
It's amazing how much can change between child #1 and child #2. We knew going into it, we would have a little more work, but didn't realize quite how much more. You are only about 6 days ahead of me for ER. What meds are you on for this round? Are they changing things up this round? Have you done PGD before? Aren't 40 year old ovaries fun? From your signature, your DS is only a few months younger than my DD. Do you have any tips on juggling restrictions after ET with a little one? Good luck to you.

Hoping4thebest11 replied to KL0124's response:
I did something totally dumb for my 1st IVF that I'm totally going to do again. I bought a book of little smiley face stickers and grabbed a calendar and would write the names and dosages of each med and would give myself a sticker on the calendar every time I finished taking a shot. It was a fun way for me to count down and although I am 32, it was actually kind of fun to pick out the sticker.

Fleischman replied to KL0124's response:
Well i have done TWO ET with my little one. I can honestly say i have an amazing husband who did allow me to do any lifting with him. My meds have DOUBLE, my very fist IVF cycle i was on 250 and then 275 Gonel F, My 2nd Cycle i was on 350-375 Follistim. This cycle im on 450 units of Follistim. Ovedriel, Estrace, Low Dose HCG. I'm not doing the ET right away though i chose to take a month off to get the results back from the PGD banking and see how many embryos we produce of good quality. You will be actually a month ahead of me....!!! but i found these boards to be really helpful when you get really down. I look forward to keeping up with everyone!!! Best of luck to you as well!
Me (29) DH (42) Married 2006
IVF 1 - 10/07- BFP TWINS DS/DD, 32 weeks delivered. DD angel 18 days later.
FT1 - 8/10- BFN
IVF 2- 11/10- BFN
IVF 3- 3/12 FINGERS CROSSED w/PDG DHEA and CoQ10

I love the sticker idea and am going to steal it. Having a visible tracking and reward system is a great motivator and stickers are just fun.

KL0124 replied to Fleischman's response:
Thank you for sharing all of this information. It's great to hear you have such a supportive husband. It does help to have a husband who is willing and able to help out. Do you notice a difference in SE with double the meds? Taking the month for PGD to pick the very bets embryos sounds like a good choice. Hope all goes well with you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been with my husband for 10 years. Finally tied the knot on 3/27/10! We have been TTC for about 3 years; but never used protection throughout o...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.