Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
BFP??? Help?
livelaughmoe posted:
Well good morning. Please help me identify if I am crazy, I've never seen a BFP before, so I don't even know what to think. I'm so scared this isn't real, I had my HCG trigger 15 days ago and my IUI 13 days ago, any chance this is a false positive?
Me 28 DH 29 TTC for 2 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, one round hyperstimulated all = BFN. First round with IUI,Femara and HCG trigger was a BFN
FirstPrevious12NextLast

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I think all you can do is wait and test again or have your doctor do a blood test. I never did a urine test, but when my doctor's office called me with my bfp from IVF, I thought I was going to faint. I seriously needed a Valium or something.

I don't know about false positives, but 13 days past an IUI is probably enough time for an early test to pick up a positive. Good Luck!!!
Me:35, DH:35, TTC 2 1/2 years, IVF 1: Twins due in June!!!

KL0124 responded:
It sounds very promising. Go get a Beta done and enjoy the next 9 months
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels, mild MF and FF IF, IUI1 m/c, 2 BFN,

lindsycd responded:
It sounds good to me! I can't wait to hear the final verdict. Congratulations. xo
Me 34; DH 37;TTC 2.5 years; MFIF low morphology.
First IUI 12/03/2011 = BFN
Second IUI 02/01/2012 = BFN.
Third IUI 03/01/2012

livelaughmoe responded:
First beta today was 26! Next beta on Wednesday....can't wait to see this number grow!
Me 28 DH 29 TTC for 2 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, one round hyperstimulated all = BFN. First round with IUI,Femara and HCG trigger was a BFN

Hoping4thebest11 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
Congratulations!! Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy!!
Me(32), DH(32); TTC for 3 years on our own then diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - all BFNs. Hoping to try IVF in 2012!

bdeem23 replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
to livelaughmoe, i am in the same boat as you, shot 15 days ago, iui 13 days ago...but i am so nervous to take a test. my ob did not say anything about coming in for a beta test, so i want to test at home but i dont because i dont want to see a BFN...good luck to you:)
me 29 DH 27 ttc 2 yrs, 1st pregnancy end in miscarriage at 8 1/2wks, 7 rounds clomid,blood tests, hsg, sa, u/s...everything good. 1st follice scan u/s 2/20 6 total follices, 1st IUI 2/22

lindsycd replied to livelaughmoe's response:
OMG YAY!!!
Third IUI 03/01/2012

livelaughmoe replied to bdeem23's response:
I know how hard it is to see the negatives! Keep us posted, my fingers are crossed!

livelaughmoe replied to lindsycd's response:
Thank you!!!! I'm excited, but more nervous! Not sure why, just doesn't seem real?

jon3brn replied to livelaughmoe's response:
So does that number 26 mean you are preggers? If so, congrats and good luck on today. Keep us posted on what your numbers are today.
Me(28) and DH(29), Married and TTC since April 2008, 3 rounds of clomid no success, 6 month break, Jan and Feb 2012 cancelled cycles due to cysts, Mar. cycle IUIs 3/2-3/3, testing 3/17

livelaughmoe responded:
Sad. Chemical pregnancy my beta dropped to 5. Going to hibernate and rest up for another go at it.

lindsycd replied to livelaughmoe's response:
CRAP! I'm so sorry. xo
Third IUI 03/01/2012

bdeem23 replied to lindsycd's response:
im so sorry, i think AF is getting ready to show her ugly head today...hope it works next time for you:(
me 29 DH 27 ttc 2 yrs, 1st pregnancy end in miscarriage at 8 1/2wks, 7 rounds clomid,blood tests, hsg, sa, u/s...everything good. 1st follice scan u/s 2/20 6 total follices, 1st IUI 2/22

jon3brn replied to livelaughmoe's response:
I am so sorry, I really thought you were advancing and that you eere going to get the miracle we are all waiting for. I know this may be a dumb question, but I think relevant questions, how are you feeling? Do you know what you are going to do next?
Me(28) and DH(29), Married and TTC since April 2008, 3 rounds of clomid no success, 6 month break, Jan and Feb 2012 cancelled cycles due to cysts, Mar. cycle IUIs 3/2-3/3, testing 3/17

Spotlight: Member Stories

Our last shot at TTC w/ RE #2 in LV coming soon....stay tuned. W/L and acu on the way.

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.