Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Can I just Quit? Or a rant about latex
KL0124 posted:
So this is half vent and half wallow in frustration. TIA for even getting this far on the post.

It took 12 phone calls today (not including all the others) to even start getting my medicine that I have to have by next Tues for my med teaching appt for this cycle to be a go. Apparently my latex sensitivity (a rash after wearing latex gloves for 4 solid hours in anatomy lab) is enough that my whole order got put on hold because the plunger for 2 of my meds contain trace amounts of latex. I couldn't tell the pharmacist it says ok because I'm the crazy lady trying to have a baby and I might put myself in danger to do it. They need to hear it from my RE and want me to contact them so it will be expidited. So I play phone tag at work with limited privacy trying to confirm everything.

Then they call and one of my meds is on back order!!!!! It's the first med I'm supposed to start a week from Thurs. I also do not have a actual amount (just a rough quote before they checked on a few things) that I owe or info on payment.

They go ahead and supposedly ship the rest of my meds, but havent emailed me the tracking number like they are supposed to. There is also no one at home during the week except for Weds to sign for the delivery and I need it all by next Tues.

This is either a huge sign, we don't need to be doing this or a huge test to see if we are committed.

If you made it to the end of my exhausted rambling vent, thank you. Hope all of your cycles are going ahead smoother than mine. Baby dust to all.
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels, mild MF and FF IF, IUI1 m/c, 2 BFN,

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I can totally relate to your frustration. I was extremely stressed just trying to sort out all of the medicine during my IVF cycle. I didn't know how to give shots or anything. I did ok, even juggling between two mail-order pharmacies. Then, after my cycle resulted in a bfp, I thought I was done with medicine hassles. WRONG!

My RE put me on 2 different types of progesterone. My insurance company denied one of them because when the pharmacy processed my Rx, it thought I was trying to fill the same medicine. I had to call 3 times, all the while I was running low. I remember sounding extremely homicidal on the phone with the mail order pharmacy lady when I said "I need that medicine. I'm carrying twins and I don't want to have a miscarriage because my insurance is too stupid to tell the difference between progesterone suppositories and injections!"

I don't know if it was the craziness in my voice or what, but the lady fixed my problem and sent my meds next day. I hope that this is the end of your troubles with your meds. It can be so frustrating and stressful! I'm sending double baby dust your way!!!
Me:35, DH:35, TTC 2 1/2 years, IVF 1: Twins due in June!!!

deliela999 responded:
I didn't have any real problems and it still seems like it took 12 phone calls to get it all arranged. I hate trying to handle this all from work. I keep walking outside and freezing to get some privacy. I had my meds shipped to work because no one is home during the day and the pharmacy assured me there were no identifying marks on the package as to what's inside. I get packages at work all the time, so I just gave the receiving guys a heads up I was waiting on something. There were no identifying marks, but the pharmacy had labeled it personal and confidential with a sticker to refrigerate upon arrival. That caught some attention and my office roomate (50 something man who had 2 kids in their late 30's with no problems and has no clue) asked what's inside. I told him he didn't want to know and got it to my car as fast as I could. I'm glad we have a relationship where he'll accept that and drop it. Fedex has a new service where you can have them hold your package at a location to pick up. I think I'm going to do that if I have to order another round, especially since one of the locations is right down the street from work. I think you can even have it detoured to that if it's already shipped. I just thought I'd share that because it could simplify your life. Good luck and baby dust to you!! I'm off to my first screening ultrasound and med instruction appointment this morning.

jdfan14 responded:
Hi-so to hear of you troubles. It can be sooooo frustrating for sure! I had issues getting my meds on time for my cycles and ended up fighting insurance to get reimbursed for some meds I had to order out of pocket, I was so happy to have insurance coverage for sure but the delays I had were beyond frustrating to say the least.

Dont let this deter you though. Even that it is so frustrating keep fighting until you get your meds, even get your RE involved if needed. My RE had to and was very helpful in telling customer service reps that they dont wanna be responsible for possibility of cancelling cycles. Just keep up the fight and you will get thru it. Best of luck to you!
Me 33 PCOS, DH 36 low motility
September 2010 RE consult; need IVF
October 2010 through August 2011 cancelled cycles due to CMV
1st IVF September 2011-BFN
2nd IVF December 2011-BFP! TWINS!!

KL0124 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Oh, no! I can't even begin to imagine not being able to easily get the medicine needed to keep your babies healthy and where they belong. Congratulations on your twins! I remember your BFP post. How are you feeling with the pg?

Things are slightly more sane here. All I need is (hopefully) one more call to the pharmacy to get my estrace shipped and then med teaching and 50 shots. Fortunately, my DH is certified to give immunizations and gave me my trigger shots before. I still don't like needles but he does a good job.

Thanks for the baby dust. Hope the rest of your pg goes well.

KL0124 replied to deliela999's response:
Thank you so much for your suggestion for shipping. It is saving me a world of stress right now. I'm sorry you have to stand out in the cold too to make the phone calls. How did your med teaching appt go? Hope the u/s went well and you are moving forward. Baby dust to you.

deliela999 replied to KL0124's response:
I'm glad I could help. It worked out ok when my meds showed up at work, but I had a moment of panic when he asked what it was. Normally I'd open it right up and show him my new shoes, Christmas gifts, whatever so I'm sure he thought it was strange. I think I'm going to do the pick-up option if I have to order another round. My u/s was all clear so my appointment was all good. Everyone in the RE's office is so nice and they don't act like I'm crazy with all my questions. I'm still nervous about the shots, but I'm sure I'll be fine after I do the first one tomorrow night. I started femara yesterday, gonal-f tomorrow, and I go back next saturday to see how it's going and get the go ahead for the trigger shot. I'm so excited right now I'm afraid I'm setting myself up for disappointment. It's a journey and we just have to see where it leads us. Baby dust to you too!!

KL0124 replied to jdfan14's response:
Wow! You really had to fight a double battle. Insurance companies and the whole healthcare system can be a bear to navigate. It's great that your insurance helped cover the costs. It did take my RE calling them at 9:30 pm to get it sorted out. At least that part is done and I can focus in on all the shots. Ouch!

How is your pregnancy going? Hope all is going well.

jdfan14 replied to KL0124's response:
It is going well....cant wait for them to arrive! Best of luck to you!
Me 33 PCOS, DH 36 low motility
September 2010 RE consult; need IVF
October 2010 through August 2011 cancelled cycles due to CMV
1st IVF September 2011-BFN
2nd IVF December 2011-BFP! TWINS!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I being with my husband for 10 years. I can not complain much about him of course like every husbandhas his bad things but he is a great person and ha...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.