Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Gonal-f side effects??
deliela999 posted:
I took my first dose of gonal-f last night and am about to take the second. I've been on femara for 4 days and tomorrow is the last day of it. This is my first time on both of those. I feel horribly bloated starting this afternoon. I started out the morning with a headache and sinus issues, which were probably just this crazy weather and others at work were fighting the same thing. As the afternoon went on I was just so tired I was pushing hard to keep going. Are these normal side effects? I've looked online and I think breathing is a possible side effect, so I can't decide. What side effects have some of you experienced?

livelaughmoe responded:
I don't know, I'm only taking Femara, and this is the first time it's made me tired. Good luck.
Me 28 DH 29 TTC for 2 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, one round hyperstimulated all = BFN. First round with IUI,Femara and HCG trigger was a BFN

KL0124 responded:
Sorry you are having side effects or sinus issues. I don't start my gonal f for a few more days, so I don't know what to tell you. Femara was wonderful for me. No side effects, which after the clomid crazies was great. Good luck with all of it.
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels, mild MF and FF IF, IUI1 m/c, 2 BFN,

deliela999 replied to KL0124's response:
Thanks, I hope you don't have the same issues. I broke down and called the nurse this morning because I still feel lousy and the area around my ovaries is so sore it's hard to sit up straight. She basically told me it's normal for this to happen to some women and hopefully it means the meds are working well. I don't think femara had side effects on me, but it overlapped with the gonal-f. I take the last of the gonal-f on Friday night and go saturday for an ultrasound and blood test. If all looks good they'll call and tell me to take the trigger shot and proceed with BDing that night and every other night. Right now that doesn't sound like any fun!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Kate (29), DH (30), one furbaby (Doberge) We've been TTC for 2 full years now. We started out with a "natural" IUI cycle. BFN. Then came...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
54 of 55 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.