Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
RE appointment
att76 posted:
Had my first appointment with the RE yesterday...very impressed! We talked about all our options, which we several. Options 1: We could do a clomid study where I get an u/s on day 3 so they can see how the ovaries are. then do clomid 4-8, then u/s on day 12 to see how the ovaries react. The next step after that would be surgery to see if there is anything wrong. Then injectables and IVF.
Options 2: do more clomid, IUIs, surgery, injectables, IVF.
Options 3: surgery, injectables, IVF.

We were really impressed with the PA. She knew her stuff and you could tell they have been doing this awhile. We decided we will do the surgery first. We said we have done all those other things and they didn't work. Why keep doing something that didn't work the first time. So after I get my cycle, I need to call and schedule my surgery. It will probably be next week Wednesday or Thursday. I am super excited about this and can't believe how much was figured out within just a few hours.

DH did his SA, but we didn't get the results back before we left. I also had some b/w done and should find out those results also. I have to say in 17 months I have never been so excited for AF to show!!! I feel good about our appointment and the peopel we talked to yesterday!
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11), First round IUI 12/14/11--BFN, Second round IUI 1/10/12, 3rd round IUI 2/9-BFN, seeing RE March 21st

beckyatmoms responded:
That's great news. When you say surgery are you talking about a HSG?
Becky (35) DH (31) TTC for over 3 years. MFIF DS(12) DD(5)
IVF1 (Long Lupron) 3/10 BFN
IVF2 (Long Lupron) 2/11 BFN
IVF3 (Antagonist) BFP!!!
TWINS!!! EDD 8/23/12

att76 replied to beckyatmoms's response:
No, doing a LAP (sorry, most people know I have had an HSG!)
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11), First round IUI 12/14/11--BFN, Second round IUI 1/10/12, 3rd round IUI 2/9-BFN, seeing RE March 21st

beckyatmoms replied to att76's response:
Gotcha. Some RE's will repeat certain procedures if they were not the one's who did it. I have never had a LAP. Good luck, hope you get some answers.
Becky (35) DH (31) TTC for over 3 years. MFIF DS(12) DD(5)
IVF1 (Long Lupron) 3/10 BFN
IVF2 (Long Lupron) 2/11 BFN
IVF3 (Antagonist) BFP!!!
TWINS!!! EDD 8/23/12

att76 replied to beckyatmoms's response:
Thanks! I am hoping this will explain some of the unexplained too!

livelaughmoe responded:
Our first appt with the RE was so great too! I just wanted to let you know that we had similar options. And decided to go with a LAP too, as it was the only thing that my insurance covered. We complete the surgery this past January, expecting to find nothing, they found a rather large cyst on my right Fallopian tube (apparently rare) that was never detected in ultrasounds. It was removed, and my first IUI after that landed a BFP, even though it ended up being a chemical, it was still encouraging seeing something other than a negative test. My docs hypothesis was that the cyst was either weighing the fallopian tube down, not allowing it to move over and pick up the end during ovulation, or it was spewing out some "cyst juice" (my technical term) killing the eggs as they traveled up the tube. Ohh and one more piece of advice, take a whole week off from work. I only took a few days, and ended up taking a week .to heal up. best of luck!!
Me 28 DH 29 TTC for 3 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (chem preg beta 26,5) 4th IUI 3/19/12.

att76 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
First...sorry to hear about the chemical pregnancy.
Second...thanks for the advice. I am glad to know that the LAP worked. I am expecting to see something, so that means (b/c that is my luck) that nothing will be there!!! I am hoping there is some reason, so I am patiently waiting for AF to show. Thanks again!

Tiff1124 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
I agree. I've had 2 laps and the recovery can be tough. I walked hunched over for about a week until I felt normal again. And the gases they pumped into me took a few days to leave also- and that can be the most uncomfortable part. I took 3 days for the first lap and then took 5 days for my second.
4 Clomid cycles- 1 Angel Baby
6 Failed IUIs 1/11-8/11
IVF 1- 11/11 Only 1 embryo :-( BFN
IVF 2- 12/11 Severe OHSS- Transfer cancelled
FET 1- 2/12 BFN
FET 2- will be 3/12
Unexplained Secondary IF

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been here at WebMD since 2007, but I've been involved in social media and moderated communities online since 1994, so you know I just lov...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
54 of 55 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.