Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
LAP surgery
att76 posted:
WEll the surgery is going to happen March 28th. I need to be there at 9:45 for the pre-op stuff and then surgery at 11:45. I am super excited to get this going. I have a feeling they may find something so I will be disappointed if they don't. I got AF on Saturday and she was a b****!!! I had the worst cramps since August and thought I was going to die! I went to bed and laid there in a fetal position then had to go get the heating pad. It helped me fall asleep, but I still felt like someone was stabbing me on Sunday, but not near as bad as Saturday.

The person I talked to said depending on what they do, I may have to take 2 weeks off. I can not take 2 weeks off! I am taking 3 so far plus the weekend. I am going to Wyoming over Easter to see friends and I will not change my plans! I will feel better!!!

Super excited to get this process started!
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11), First round IUI 12/14/11--BFN, Second round IUI 1/10/12, 3rd round IUI 2/9-BFN, seeing RE March 21st

deliela999 responded:
Good luck! It sounds strange to say I hope they find something, but I know that feeling. I had a lap in 2007 because of unexplained pain long before we started TTC. They found 1 little spot of endo that had attached my uterus to my bowel with scar tissue. I remember waking up in the recovery room and asking my sister if he found anything and as soon as she said yes I passed back out. I didn't have any PTO left so I had the surgery on Friday, off the pain meds Sunday, and went back on Tuesday. I wanted to go Monday, but my hubby and Dad talked me into taking one extra day. I wouldn't recommend pushing yourself quite that much, but I survived. By the end of the 2 weeks restricted to lifting 10 pounds I was feeling fine and kept forgetting not to lift too much. I'm sure it all depends on what they find and what they do, but that was the easiest recovery I've had from surgery.

Mercerswife responded:
Good luck honey, will keep you in my prayers. Let us know how it goes.
Did they find something on your HSG? I have a blocked rt fallopian tube they found just over a week ago, had to wait a week for the doc to call me with the results since he was on vaca. Well I call today and he says he wants an appointment to discuss the results and can't get me in until april 16th, which puts me just before O next cycle. I'm super disappointed and angry! Of course theres a chance I could be pg now, fingers crossed but I'm really disappointed in this. Did your doc do the same? My hubby leaves for training for a month, so if the doc opts (which I want) for LAP either I have to postpone until he returns or ask a family member to come stay with me since I don't live near family that isn't ideal. Anyhow, I'm just curious and frustrated and wondered about your experience... I really just want the surgery asap since my DH deploys later this year... Ugh this process is draining. I am hoping this fixes all your problems, hope to hear from you soon!
Hugs, prayers and baby dust your way!
Lacey-24 DH 25, TTC 1, 2 m/c Round4 Clomid

att76 replied to deliela999's response:
Thank you! I am hoping they find something (that does sound aweful) but it would help explain some of the unexlpained! Thanks for sharing your experience! I am going to take it day by day, but am hoping I am able to drive 8 hours to go see our friends over Easter. I have been looking forward to this trip for a long time now, so I don't want anything to stop me from going.

Thanks again!
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11), First round IUI 12/14/11--BFN, Second round IUI 1/10/12, 3rd round IUI 2/9-BFN, seeing RE March 21st

att76 replied to Mercerswife's response:
I had my HSG done in July, 2011 and my tubes were open, but I had a T shaped uterus. He didn't seem all that concerned but said it can hinder implantation. I have wanted this for about 9 months and never said anything to my doc because he wouldn't have done it. Now that I have been referred to an RE he is going to be a little more aggressive and find out the cause as opposed to just doing things that may not work. Not to say I wasn't happy with my OB, but the RE is just a little more aggressive and since I am 36 I guess that is what I want at this point. I want something that is going to give me a baby since time is tick tocking!

Thanks for the prayers! They really mean a lot. Keep hanging in there. I would talk to your doc and just let him know what you want. Let him know that your DH is deploying and you want him to be around for this. I agree this process seems never ending. we just need to think about what all of this will give us in the end.....a baby!!!

good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 31 and my husband is 32. We've been trying to conceive for over two years. I have normal ovarian function and my DH has low morphology. 10/0...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.