Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
BFP!!!!!!!!!!
deliela999 posted:
Finally! I put off getting out of bed until I couldn't hold it anymore and was shaking the whole time. With short cycles I never made it to the point of testing before stupid AF showed up and I was scared to see it be negative. I stink at peeing on a stick, so I peed in a cup and dipped the stick. As soon as I saw the second line I pulled out another and ran it. I made DH get out of bed and look at them to confirm 2 lines. I'm still in shock. I can't believe it finally worked! We just laid in bed staring at each other. I get to call the RE's office tomorrow to get my beta's done.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

KL0124 responded:
Congratulations! H&H 9 months to you. Here's to having good numbers for your beta.
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels
10 total rounds of clomid, 2 of femara, and too many days of progesterone to count
IUI 1 m/c
IUI 2

lindsycd responded:
Congratulations! Let us know your betas.
Me 34; DH 37;TTC 2.5 years; MFIF low morphology.
First IUI 12/03/2011 = BFN
Second IUI 02/01/2012 = BFN.
Third IUI 03/01/2012 = BFP.

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
Congrats!
Me:35, DH:35, TTC 2 1/2 years, IVF 1: Twins due in June!!!

codysu responded:
Aw congrats!! So exciting!!
Cody (38 ) DH (45), IVF w ICSI AH 11/10, M/C 12/10, 4 IUI's-all BFN, IVF 2 BFP!! EDD July 26, 2012

deliela999 replied to lindsycd's response:
Thanks everyone! We're excited, scared, nervous, shocked, etc all at the same time. It's still sinking in. I just had my blood drawn for my first beta and should hear in the morning, then go back Wednesday afternoon for another.

jossanasmomma responded:
yay!!!so awesome to hear good news! let us
know what betas r!!!!

jon3brn responded:
congratulations!! so happy for you and your family. I did the same thing, expect for we were home on vacation and my dad was in the next room. I had him get up at 6 in the morning to confirm two lines. He said "whats that mean?" I said "it means im pregnant, what do I do now"? He says with a straight face "go back to bed". And thats what he did, i just stayed up for hours taking pictures of the test and then staring at the test.

The following day I took 3 more and the following day one more. Total of 5 tests, just to make sure it wasnt a false positive. I am into my 6th week and sometimes i feel like im dreaming an at any moment I could wake up. It will take a while to sink it.

again congrats!!! cant wait to hear what your betas are...
Me(28) and DH(29), Married and TTC since April 2008, 3 rounds of clomid no success, 6 month break, Jan and Feb 2012 cancelled cycles due to cysts, Mar cycle IUIs 3/2-3/3, testing 3/17 BFP. 1st u/s 4-4

Hoping4thebest11 responded:
So wonderful. Congratulations! Happy healthy pregnancy to u!!
Me(32), DH(32); TTC for 2 years on our own then diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - all BFNs. IVF1 - Chemical Pregnancy IVF2 - Fingers Crossed!

deliela999 replied to jon3brn's response:
First beta 402 and she said they like to see over 100. Progesterone was 37 and she said they would supplement anything under 20. I get my second beta on Wednesday evening for Thursday morning results and when she calls with those results she'll schedule my first ultrasound. It's slowly sinking in more, but still not fully real.

jon3brn replied to deliela999's response:
wow those are great numbers. what was your time frame from ovulation? is there a chance there is more than one? Good luck on Wednesday. I heard my littletons heart beat on Monday next week I am going to get to record it so I can replay it while looking at the pictures.

There are no words to express the feeling of hearing the heartbeat for the first time. simply amazing
Me(28) and DH(29), Married and TTC since April 2008, 3 rounds of clomid no success, 6 month break, Jan and Feb 2012 cancelled cycles due to cysts, Mar cycle IUIs 3/2-3/3, testing 3/17 BFP. 1st u/s 4-4

I think that was 14 dpo. I had another draw last night and she'll call me with it this morning and schedule my first ultrasound. How far along are you that you were able to hear the heartbeat? I think you're about 2 weeks ahead of me. I figure that's the next big hurdle to everything being ok after good betas. From what I can find you can't really read into the betas to figure out if it's multiples, but high numbers could be an indicator or it could just be one super baby. The possibility of twins terrifies me, but we'll figure it out if that's what we get. One is a huge life-changing event and 2 is even more so. My phone will let me look at the boards but not post so I'll add my 2nd round of betas tonight.

How are you feeling?

I was 6wks2days when I heard the heartbeat, it was faint..but we could all hear the babys heart beat along with mine. Next week during week 7 the doctors office is going to allow me to hear it so that I can record it so that I can play so our families can hear it. I can not wait for next week to be here, but also my next quarter of classes begins on Monday. So for the next 10 weeks DH and I are going to be very busy. We are moving into a 2bd/2ba apt. So that will happen sometime with in the next few weeks. Which will allow me to get a few things prepared like the nursery set that i wont from babyrus that has the crib, changing table and a dresser all for 350.00.

twins runs on both sides of our families, so everyone was hoping that it would be twins also with us taking Clomid. Are chances were increased even more. this baby will be the first grandchild and great grandchild on my side of the family. so its a HUGE deal....

im doing better, still some adbominal cramping. They are not sure whats causes it which is why i get weekly ultrasounds to make sure everything is normal. but with a few things ruled out they think its severe gas pains. so they gave me a few tips which i am trying and seem to be working. Today is a good day..

That's awesome! I'll have to figure out how to record on my phone before we go. I love that idea. My second beta was 954. They don't do a third as long as everything looks good. I have an ultrasound in 3 weeks. I'll be 7 weeks 2 days. She said they could do it any time after 6 weeks, but my doctor is out of town that week.

My sister's 6 month old was the first on our side. And ours will be the 5th on my hubby's side so not a big deal, but that means MIL will hopefully leave me alone.

They told me to expect some pulling, cramping, etc as my body stretches and that some light spotting is normal. I actually feel really good, just a little bloated and occasional light pains. My struggle is work. I'm a chemist that works with some dangerous stuff and some perfectly safe stuff. I had to tell a co-worker yesterday to get out of a project I wasn't comfortable with. She thinks I should tell the bosses, but I'm going to try and hold out until we hear the heartbeat. That should be in 3 weeks. I can always do what I did yesterday and tell them if something comes up that I need to get out of.

This will be the fourth on DH sides, but his mom and dad are wanting to play a big part in this whole thing. But hopefully by the time the baby is born, they will have gotten their act together. By that I mean, no one on my side of the family smokes cigerettes other than my mom. His entire family smokes, I just worry about the smoke smell on their breathe, clothes and hand when handling the baby. He thinks I am "doing" too much when I stated, everyone should use mouthwash and hand sanitizer before holding the baby.

Dont think thats too much to ask for the safety and well being of our baby. Oh wow, thats scary to be around all of those chemicals ey? It is good that you have the option of backing out of projects when you don't feel comfortable. But if it were me, I would make everyone well aware of my status. Just for the safety of me and the baby.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 29 and DH is 42. We did our 1st IVF cycle in october of 2007. extremely low sperm was our ONLY issue at the time. Two Embies transfered Two stuck...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.