Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Diets to enhance implantation
Mhaiya76 posted:
Hi... i believe that what ever we put inour body most especially food affects our bodies' function and that would include helping our body with he implantation process. Factors like the acidity vs alkaline environment of our uterus which will affect the embryos survval in our uterus.

Im not much of a cook food eater, i eat mostly raw food like vegs and fruit. no meat procducts for me just milk or cheese and eggs. I read tha we have to eat warm foods and not too much of the cold foods...

any suggestion out there on how to enhance our chances of pregnancy by not eating cooked food? i believe that we put more toxins in our body by eating cooked food, and processed foods and im scare that it might hinder our embryos from surving in our uterus...

any recommendatins?
Me (35)
2008 IVF 1 BFN
2009 IVF 2 BFP (with Accupuncture)
2012 IVF3 FET ovidrel (3/30)
Transfer 4/6 .....,
4/17 pregnancy test!!!

jossanasmomma responded:
I saw a fertility acupuncturist who gave me a list of foods to avoid and eat. She said no cold drinks (only luke warm or hot), and if you're eating a cold food (like a salad) drink hot herbal tea with it. Avoid hibiscus (often in herbal tea), beets, yams, seaweeds, tropical fruits like mango and papaya. No nutmeg, mung beans, woodworm, feverfew, pennyroyal, sage or ginko biloba. Also avoid fast food, shelfish and fish without scales, white flour products, sugar, and artificial sweeteners, and soda.

Good luck; mine is on the 18th!!!!

Julie
Me: 40; Hubby: 37 MF infertility
2006:1st IVF BFP/ beautiful daughter, now 5 years old.
2011: 1st FET BFN
2011: 2nd FET BFP; M/C at 16 weeks
2012: (January)1st IUI BF
presently in IVF cycle

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (27) DH(33) TTC 3years 5 cycle clmd failed (1st) IVF/ICSI in March (indecisive).

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.