Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
So Sad... TRIGS
Tiff1124 posted:
Well, as I told all of you I decided to test every day after the transfer just to see what would happen. I was very surprised that at just 4.5dp5dt I got a BFP. For a few days the lines were getting darker, and I even got a positive digital in the afternoon at 6dp5dt. After another day or so I began to get nervous because the lines on the tests were not getting any darker. You all know my RE makes us wait an eternity to get bloodwork, so I called my family dr because he has been in these shoes before.

So, he did a urine test which was positive, and ran bloodwork. My first beta came back very low, just 28.3, which was concerning to me because I had already been getting positives for several days- even on a digital- so I really thought it should be higher. My dr said to do a repeat beta this Sun, which he said was "in the 30's" but would not give me an exact number.

I was asked to go and get bloodwork again today and I was told that the numbers rose again, but they did not double, and that the numbers are extremely low for what they should be at this point in the pregnancy. My RE somehow only got my first beta (28.3) and told me to stop taking all meds. My family dr's office must not have reported the latest numbers to her. However, my family dr told me "don't lose hope yet" - yeah, right. I'll get the dr situation straightened around in the morning, but I can see that I am sending another angel baby to heaven

I wanted to post earlier, but instead of dragging you all through the drama with me I thought I'd wait until I had the entire picture. My RE wants me to wait a cycle to allow my uterus to return to normal, so DH and I will be trying the old fashioned way after I finally get AF. So we'll be looking at another frozen transfer somewhere around late May to early June.
4 Clomid cycles- 1 Angel Baby
6 Failed IUIs 1/11-8/11
IVF 1- 11/11 Only 1 embryo :-( BFN
IVF 2- 12/11 Severe OHSS- Transfer cancelled
FET 1- 2/12 BFN
FET 2- will be 3/12
Unexplained Secondary IF

livelaughmoe responded:
Oh Tiff, I am so sorry. I know how you are feeling, and it's just awful. Please be kind to yourself. Thinking about you. -cassy
Me 28 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (chem preg beta 26,5) 4th IUI 3/19/12 BFN,

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Toni! I'm 30, DH is 36. We've been married for almost 3 years, have not used protection for 4 years but have been TTC for over ...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.