Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
IUI cycle buddy
livelaughmoe posted:
Starting a new cycle, have my ultrasound on Thursday to see where the follicles are...anyone want to be a cycle buddy?
Me 28 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (chem preg beta 26,5) 4th IUI 3/19/12 BFN,

bdeem23 responded:
hi i am starting my 2nd IUI this month, dh wanted to wait a month. i go for the u/s on 4-19 and then IUI on 4-21. good luck to you!
me 29 DH 27 ttc 2 yrs, 1st pregnancy end in miscarriage at 8 1/2wks, 7 rounds clomid,blood tests, hsg, sa, u/s...everything good. 1st follice scan u/s 2/20 6 total follices, 1st IUI 2/22

livelaughmoe replied to bdeem23's response:
Yeah!I'm so gale to have someone to go through this with! Looks like I will be about one week ahead, I go in for ultrasound on 4/12. This board has been so quiet for a while. What have you been doing to keep your self busy? Did you get a RE consult?

My biggest struggle is work, I have such a hard time going to work after a BFN or after an IUI. This month I am planning to take a few days off after the wait, to take a rest, the waiting and the 2ww is always the hardest for me.

Take care and keep me posted, Cassy.
Me 28 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (chem preg beta 26,5) 4th IUI 3/19/12 BFN,

bdeem23 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
had my first RE consult last july but it was so expensive, i went to my ob and she does pretty much everything at her office. it is less expensive there. and its close to home. i am a nanny to 2 sets of twins so i my last IUI is took the day off and just relaxed. i didnt get on here much after the first one didnt work. i keep busy now with my mary kay business!! that has kept me very busy...
good luck today!!
me 29 DH 27 ttc 2 yrs, 1st pregnancy end in miscarriage at 8 1/2wks, 7 rounds clomid,blood tests, hsg, sa, u/s...everything good. 1st follice scan u/s 2/20 6 total follices, 1st IUI 2/22

I know, isn't it so expensive!

I had my 3rd u/s today, have for sure one maybe two follicles, doing trigger shot tomorrow night and IUI Monday 4/16. Hoping for something to hold! Also started accupunture, had my first session on 4/11, and have my next one 4/19. Praying, praying, praying cause this lady is getting tired!!!

Your IUI is getting close!!!!

im sending sticky vibes your way!!! i hope this time around works for you!!

i know it is coming soon,i have to see a male doc on thursday for my u/s:( my doc isnt in. then i will know when to do the shot and have the iui on saturday. i think me and dh are going to go to hocking hills that day after just to et away and have some peace and quite!!

Thanks I will need it! I had a male ultrasound tech, and he is the best one! I was nervous about a male too, but now he's my favorite!

Well I had my IUI this morning, we collected our sample at home, as we only love 4 minutes from the clinic. My IUI was at 930am on 4/16. I have had quite a bit if cramping the past few days and now it's even worse after the IUI. I stayed home from work today, to rest which I have never done before. My nurse said some times the follicle will be tender after it releases it egg! I described it today as a "full" feeling. Like when I sit down, I feel all my internal organs? Is that weird??? Lol! Ay way start progesterone on Thursday morning. Its more like the 3 week wait!!, but I am going to test on 13 days past IUI which is a Sunday, so I don't have to be cranky on a Monday morning, which will be 4/29.hope I can wait that long!

att76 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
Moe,

I had cramping before and after my IUIs also. I stayed home after each one. The 2nd IUI was the worst. I had to lay down for about an hour after we got home because I was in so much pain. DH ended up staying home as well because he was worried about me. I never had to do the progesterone though. Why does your doc have you doing that?

Anyway, good luck. I have been kind of lurking on your posts here, but haven't posted until now since I am not doing an IUI this month. Lay low today, you should feel better by tomorrow.
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11),IUI1 12/14/11,IUI2 1/10/12,IUI3 2/9,RE March 21st, LAP surgery 3/28

livelaughmoe replied to att76's response:
How did your Lap go?

Doc regularly prescribes progesterone suppositories to support early pregnancy. I also take a estrogen supplement as the Letrozole decreases my estrogen. it's weird how every clinic does things differently.

att76 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
The Lap went well. He removed some significant amounts of endo and some scar tissue. I went back for my follow up appointment and had to get an MMR shot and my prolactin level was high, so they retested that also. It came back good. Since I got the MMR we CANNOT get pregnant in the next month. After which I think we are just going to be trying on our own for a few months. If that doesn't work, then we will do another IUI. Since I am with an RE now, he does things a little differently then my OB did.

It is weird how docs/clinics do things differently.
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11),IUI1 12/14/11,IUI2 1/10/12,IUI3 2/9,RE March 21st, LAP surgery 3/28

How have you been, how many of your follicle came to size after the 16?

I woke up this morning with nausea and a headache, lasted for most of the day. Praying it was from being pregnant and not the flu. Not sure if I can even start feeling the pregnancy 6 days after IUI.
Me 28 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (chem preg beta 26,5) 4th IUI 3/19 BFN, 5th IUI 4/16

have been good, im not sure about the sizes after the u/s. does your doc do another one before the IUI?? i had some discomfort after this IUI but then i was fine. i did start having cramps wednesday night after BD with DH and it went into yesterday but today is much much better. im hoping the cramps are a GOOD thing.
how have you been feeling? when are you going to test? the 2ww is horrible, i keep telling myself that their is a little ball of cells in there forming and growing into a baby!!! i sure hope we get some GREAT news in the next few weeks!!!

My ob usually measures the follicle until at least one is at 19 to 21, goal is to do the injection when the follicle is around 21.

(trigs)

I have been tired and have cramps. I POAS this morning and it was a BFP, let's hope this one sticks!!
Me 28 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (chem preg beta 26,5) 4th IUI 3/19 BFN, 5th IUI 4/16

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is Katie & I'm 31. My Dh is 37 we've been together 10 yrs and we have been TTC for 9 years. We suffered a very devastating ecto...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.