Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Transfer on 4/9, Beta on 4/18
jossanasmomma posted:
I was so nervous about the retrieval, but it went well and we got 21 eggs! I couldn't believe it. We only got 17 six years ago. Unfortunately the glory was short-lived. Although there were a lot of mature ones (15) and 14 fertilized and made it to Day 3, by the morning of Day 5 they were all still living but only one Blast and 3 morulas that the doctor had any hope for. I know that I should be thrilled to have any, but it was really hard to hear that. I think part of it is that it's hard to hear that it's because of my age. But that started to freak me out because even though the Blast is graded highly, what if my OLD uterus doesn't let it implant?

I know, I need to be positive. It just feels like our last try and that's hard. We've got one frozen that made it to Blastocyst on Day 6. I AM grateful, and grateful that I have my daughter.

These waits are so hard!!!!

Thanks for "listening"!
Me: 40; Hubby: 37 MF infertility
2006:1st IVF BFP/ beautiful daughter, now 5 years old.
2011: 1st FET BFN
2011: 2nd FET BFP; M/C at 16 weeks
2012: (January)1st IUI BFN
IVF cycle March 2012

KL0124 responded:
Wow! So many eggs. Sounds like everything is going well. Keep up the positive thoughts. Sticky vibes and hugs. Feeling like it's your last try is very tough. We are in a similar situation and I'm not sure how I will handle it if it doesn't work. IF is such an emotional experience. Good luck.
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels
10 total rounds of clomid, 2 of femara, and too many days of progesterone to count, 3 IUIs, starting IVF April 2012

Hoping4thebest11 responded:
21 - fantastic. Let's hope these enbies are strong and viable! I'm undergoing ivf#2 and for ivf#1 I had 12 eggs and 11 fertilized. It ended in chemical and there was nothing to freeze so quality is an issue for us too! I pray this round works like a charm for you. Keep us posted!
Me(32), DH(32); TTC for 2 years on our own then diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - all BFNs. IVF1 - Chemical Pregnancy IVF2 - Fingers Crossed!

jossanasmomma replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
Thanks for your support ladies. I wish you all the best as well! Will let you know on the 18th!!!
Me: 40; Hubby: 37 MF infertility
2006:1st IVF BFP/ beautiful daughter, now 5 years old.
2011: 1st FET BFN
2011: 2nd FET BFP; M/C at 16 weeks
2012: (January)1st IUI BFN
IVF cycle March 2012

KL0124 replied to jossanasmomma's response:
How did your beta go today? Hope the news was good.
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels
10 total rounds of clomid, 2 of femara, and too many days of progesterone to count, 3 IUIs, starting IVF April 2012

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 31 and my DH is 34. We have been TTC since Oct 2008. My DH had Varicocele surgery in April 2010 but still no BFP. We just had our first IUI on Ma...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.