Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
yet another BFN
bdeem23 posted:
had 2nd IUI on 4/21 and yet again it failed!! i am so mad, frustrated, upset the list goes on and on... i just dont get it at all. my sister in law told me this weekend that she has a friend who has a 3yr son and is 5months pregnant is snorting pain pills up her nose and smoking weed on top of it...i mean really why is it ok for her to have kids and for me and DH it is taking us 2years+ to even get pregnant when we are both healthly and everything is fine with the two of us! i dont know if we can afford to do another IUI this month or not and im just wondering if i should go to the RE that i went to last year but i know it costs alot more to go there. i just dont know what to do and how much more i can take of this not working!!! i know other ladies have been ttc alot longer and i dont see how you can manage...sorry just needed to vent a little
me 29 DH 27 ttc 2 yrs, 1st pregnancy end in miscarriage at 8 1/2wks, 1st follicle scan u/s 2/20 6 total follicles, 1st IUI 2/22 BFN, 2nd u/s 4/19 16 follicles, 2nd IUI 4/21

att76 responded:
First I want to say I am so sorry about your failed IUI. I myself did 3 IUIs all failed! I know how disappointing they can be! My DH and I have been trying for 19 months and feel the same way you do...frustrated, disappointed, pissed, mad, and just wanting to give up. I and many other women feel your frustration, we are all having those same feelings!

As far as what the next step is...you are going to have to look at what you can afford. If that means just doing it naturally then do it that way. I know there is nothing wrong with you or your husband, but sometimes just not being focused on ttc can make babies!

I hope I helped...at least a little. We all know how you feel and will always 'listen' to you vent when you need too! Hang in there!
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11),IUI1 12/14/11,IUI2 1/10/12,IUI3 2/9,RE March 21st, LAP surgery 3/28

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I'm sorry to hear about your failed IUIs. I had 1 failed one and the second had to be called off because my uterine polyps grew back. I definitely know how horrible it feels to get that bfn.

My RE told me that he only does 3 IUIs before moving on to IVF in most patients. We ended up having to do IVF with ICSI because of my stupid polyps and my husband's moderate male IF.

It took us 2 1/2 years to get pregnant. My RE was more aggressive with us because of my age. I'm 36 now.

Talk with your husband and maybe schedule a consultation with the RE to lay out your options. I'll be praying for you and sending lots of baby dust your way!!!
Me:35, DH:35, TTC 2 1/2 years, IVF 1: Twins due in June!!!

bdeem23 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
thanks ladies, it helps to chat on here, my dh didnt want me to keep getting on here, he said it wasnt helping. i told him he didnt know and that it does help because all of you ladies know how i feel and know what im going through along with him. hoping that something positive happens very soon!!

good luck to you ATT76

frenchbulldogmom congrats on the twins!!
me 29 DH 27 ttc 2 yrs, 1st pregnancy end in miscarriage at 8 1/2wks, 1st follicle scan u/s 2/20 6 total follicles, 1st IUI 2/22 BFN, 2nd u/s 4/19 16 follicles, 2nd IUI 4/21

att76 replied to bdeem23's response:
My DH told me the same thing before Christrmas! I was OBSESSED with everything! I am a lot more relaxed about things now, but still get on here...even if I don't post anything, it is nice to just read what other ladies are going through and know that I am not alone!

Good luck to you too! Let us know what you decide!!
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11),IUI1 12/14/11,IUI2 1/10/12,IUI3 2/9,RE March 21st, LAP surgery 3/28

FrenchBulldogMom replied to bdeem23's response:
My husband didn't really mind me getting on here, but I don't think he really gets it. While we were going through the IUIs and IVF, he would talk to friends and family a little bit about what we were going through, but he's more introverted than I am.

I would talk to my friends at work, my customers, and the ladies on here who were going through the same thing I was. It gave me something to look forward to. I would go to my appointments and then post what happened. Then, I'd look forward to hearing everyone else's news.

Keep us updated on what happens!
Me:35, DH:35, TTC 2 1/2 years, IVF 1: Twins due in June!!!

bdeem23 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
have also talked to some friends but none of them really know what im going through and they just dont know what to say, and at this point i just dont want to talk to them about it.

i thought i had started, but i have still not actually started bleeding yet:{ i should have started tuesday but still nothing, i took a test saturday and it was a BFN one on wednesday evening and still a BFN my nurse told me to wait till tomorrow, i have had the "stuff" that some women get before they start but no bleeding. i am still holding on to hope so we will see what happens in the next few days. how exciting would it be to get a BFP on sunday!!! sorry if the above was too much info

prayforamiracle responded:
I just wanted to send hugs. I have been through two failed IUI cycles this year as well. I know and understand the heartache and devastation of it all. Thinking of you.
ME(36) DH (43) TTC since 11/2006. Only pregnancy resulted in miscarriage in 7/2007. Dealing with PCOS(not insulin-resistant) and MFI.1st IUI 1/2012=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/2012=BFN

KL0124 responded:
I'm sorry to hear about yourBFN. They are frustrating and horrible after the time, emotion, and expense you have put in to IUI. I had an early mc from my first IUI and had BFN for my second and third. We decided to move on to a different RE and do IVF at that point. It's a tough decision to make and only you and DH know if it is the right decision for you. Good luck on your journey.
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels
10 total rounds of clomid, 2 of femara, and too many days of progesterone to count, 3 IUIs, IVF1 pregnant

bdeem23 replied to KL0124's response:
thanks girls!! i took another test saturday and still BFN but i still have not started so i hoping that the tests were just a false negative!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH and I have been married since June 2010. We started TTC in April of 2011. After going off B/C in March my cycle was not regulating itself. I didn&#...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.