Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
still no AF
bdeem23 posted:
so i had my 2nd IUI on april 21st, i still have not had a period i went in last week for blood work finally and it was a BFN after taking many HPT and all BFN's. i have never missed a period or ever been this late. i really was hoping the 2nd IUI would work since i had 16 follicles at U/S. i guess i need to just stop hoping. its so hard to stay postive when it keeps failing:(

has anyone ever heard of getting all BFN's but then being pregnant?? i guess im just wishing they are all wrong!
me 29 DH 27 ttc 2 yrs, 1st pregnancy end in miscarriage at 8 1/2wks, 1st follicle scan u/s 2/20 6 total follicles, 1st IUI 2/22 BFN, 2nd u/s 4/19 16 follicles, 2nd IUI 4/21

att76 responded:
Hon, I really don't know what to tell you. When you went in for your b/w did your doc give you any direction or reason as to why your THIS late? Have you been having any symptoms?

hang in there!
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11),IUI1 12/14/11,IUI2 1/10/12,IUI3 2/9,RE March 21st, LAP surgery 3/28

Tiff1124 replied to att76's response:
I would definitely go see your doctor again. It is very unusual that AF wouldn't have started yet, particulary if you have had a "hormonally controlled" cycle. This needs to be explored a bit more, in my opinion. While the beta may have been negative, there may be another reason AF hasn't come, and that needs to be addressed. Were you triggered with HCG? If not, then it is possible that you ended up with some cysts or even ovulated later than expected. I would call your clinic and ask for more bw.
Good Luck!
2 Angel Babies
6 Failed IUIs 1/11-8/11
IVF 1- 11/11 Only 1 embryo :-( BFN
IVF 2- 12/11 Severe OHSS- Transfer cancelled
FET 1- 2/12 BFN
FET 2- 3/12-Chemical
Unexplained Secondary IF

att76 responded:
bdeem was just wondering what if anything you found out?
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11),IUI1 12/14/11,IUI2 1/10/12,IUI3 2/9,RE March 21st, LAP surgery 3/28

bdeem23 replied to att76's response:
hi ladies, well AF showed on sunday:( monday in the afternoon i started to have ALOT of heavy bleeding, like going through 2-3 tampons in a hour and passed a huge clot, so i call the doc and the nurse said to go to the ER. i never have bleeding like this other than my first miscarriage. so i was a little nervous. DH and i went to ER when i got off work, they did a urine test, blood work, and a pelvic exam(YUCK) and we waited for the results and it was just a heavy period. so now i think we may wait a few months and if we do need help again we are going to go see my RE instead of my docs office. thanks for the concern hope all is going smoothly with all of you!
me 29 DH 27 ttc 2 yrs, 1st pregnancy end in miscarriage at 8 1/2wks, 1st follicle scan u/s 2/20 6 total follicles, 1st IUI 2/22 BFN, 2nd u/s 4/19 16 follicles, 2nd IUI 4/21

att76 replied to bdeem23's response:
Hey, sorry I haven't responded I haven't been on here for a while.

sorry to hear about the heavy AF. That is really scary when you are bleeding THAT heavy. You really want to know what is going on! I am sure since you didn't get a period for so long your body was just REALLY letting it out!

I am glad you found out what is going on and good luck with your next step!

livelaughmoe replied to bdeem23's response:
Crap, sorry about the dollar coaster of events. Hang in there, I know how hard waiting is.
Me 28 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (CP) 4th IUI 3/19 BFN, 5th IUI 4/16 BFP

bdeem23 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
thanks ladies:) its been awhile since i have been on here, just trying to not think about getting pregnant. we just had a death in the family 2 weeks ago so its been a hard time lately.

but i do have some GREAT news.....WE ARE PREGNANT!!!
omg i cant believe it, its so crazy we have been waiting for this for so long since the miscarriage. and this time we didnt go to the doctors for anything, so i think that us not thinking about it and just really giving up finally worked. im so excited i just dont know what to do. calling the doctor tomorrow to make my first appt, i just need to stay positive and clam until then!!!

baby dust to you all:)

FrenchBulldogMom replied to bdeem23's response:
Congratulations to you and your husband!
Me:35, DH:35, TTC 2 1/2 years, IVF 1: Twins due in June!!!

KL0124 replied to bdeem23's response:
Congratulations on your BFP! How wonderful. Sorry to hear about the death in your family. Hope your appt goes well.
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels
10 total rounds of clomid, 2 of femara, and too many days of progesterone to count, 3 IUIs, IVF1 Twins!

att76 replied to bdeem23's response:
OMG! That is great news! After the emotional roller coaster I am glad you got some good news! Sorry about the death in the family! Congratulations and keep us posted!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 31 and my husband is 32. We've been trying to conceive for over two years. I have normal ovarian function and my DH has low morphology. 10/0...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.