Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Got my Protocol
nycaligrl1 posted:
I got my IVF protocol today. First off today is CD3 and so this am I had BW and sono, no cysts or fibroids, YAY! I started BCP tonight and will be on them for 10 days, then off for 3 days then starting stims on the 28th. I have a Saline test scheduled for next Thursday.

RE said we're looking at Retrieval the 7th or 8th of July!!!! SOO excited & nervous.
I'm doing Gonal F, Menopur & Ganirelix (sp?), HCG, Doxycycline, & Progesterone in Oil.

Has anyone else had a similar protocol? What was your outcome?

*Baby Dust to everyone*

Kt

Me (31) DH (37) TTC#1 for 9 yrs
Ectopic with ruptured tube 2003
MC 2005
9 Rounds IUI 6 clomid, 3 Follistim Stims
4 YR mental & Emotional Break
Ready to start again
**Fingers Crossed**
IVF#1 June/July 2012

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I did Bravelle, Menopur and Lupron to start. Then, the doxycycline and HCG trigger. After the egg transfer, we started the progesterone in oil and later added progesterone suppositories.

One note about the progesterone shots. I put an ice pack on my hip for 5-10 minutes every night before my sister or husband would give me the shot. This really helped because the area was pretty numb. I did get the lumps from the medicine not absorbing 100% and it was itchy and painful, but not that bad. Overally, IVF wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

What I was really afraid of was the egg retreival. Turns out, the medicine they gave me for twilight sleep was so effective, I didn't know I was out until my RE was waking me back up!

I"m sending baby dust your way! My husband and I are 11 days away from our scheduled c-section for our twins.

Where are you giving yourself the stim shots? My RE told me to give mine in my thighs.
Me:35, DH:35, TTC 2 1/2 years, IVF 1: Twins due in June!!!

KL0124 responded:
Hooray for getting your protocol! It's virtually identical to mine and I got pregnant with twins the first time. The only difference is i was on baby aspirin for several weeks and 4 days of steroids between ET and ER. I responded so well (low number of eggs, but good quality) that I even have about $1500 worth of completely unopened meds left and did my ER early. How exciting for you to be moving forward.

The tips on the progesterone shots are good ones as I had a very similar reaction. I was able to rotate the stim shots on my tummy and they weren't bad. The ganirelex stings some because it in a vinegar like base.

I agree that ER wasn't bad at all. I barely remember them putting oxygen on me before the procedure.

Good luck with all of it and I can't wait to welcome you to PAIF.
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels
10 total rounds of clomid, 2 of femara, and too many days of progesterone to count, 3 IUIs, IVF1 Twins!

nycaligrl1 replied to KL0124's response:
Thanks Ladies & happy fathers day to your Dh's! I am definitely nervous, but soooo ready to be a mom.

As for the stims, when I did my IUI cyles with Stims I did them in both my upper thigh and abdomen, just to rotate them.
I work in a doctors office and I'm going to have my nurses give me the PIO shots, but the ice pack is definitely a good idea I never thought about.

If you don't mind me asking how many embies did each of you transfer? My RE will only transfer a max of two. Which I am okay with.

KL0124 why did you take baby asprin and steriods? Is this something I should ask my RE about?

Again thank you ladies, I really appreciate having someone to talk to that has been through this before

Kt

KL0124 replied to nycaligrl1's response:
It's good you have done the stims before. Knowing what to expect from the shots is helpful. Please ask away. We actually transfered 3 on day 5. One was e xcellent, one was ok, and one was poor. They did the poor to support the excellent one and it was not good enough to freeze. We did not have any to freeze. Good thing it worked because it was our only chance at IVF.

The baby aspirin was to help prevent mc. I make too many IgG antibodies and they were attacking the babies when I got pg causing early mc along with my progesterone deficiency. Very happy someone finally figured it out. The steroids for he 4 days before ET were to maximize my system somehow. With only 4 days I didn't get any noticeable side effects.

Good luck and baby dust!
10 total rounds of clomid, 2 of femara, and too many days of progesterone to count, 3 IUIs, IVF1 Twins!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to nycaligrl1's response:
I forgot to mention that I took aspirin and steroids, also. I had to stop taking the baby aspririn pretty early on because I developed a blood clot. My RE said that it could have been the third embryo that didn't make it, but most likely, it was just a small bleed from the aspirin and that I'd reabsorb it or bleed it out. A few weeks after I stopped the aspirin, the clot was gone. The baby aspirin protocol is pretty standard, though, to protect against miscarriage. I forget what the steroids were for, but I took a few days worth of Medrol.

My RE usually only transferrs 2 embryos in people my age. I was 35. The only reason he transferred 3 was because we didn't have any others to freeze and he was afraid to lose 1 if we did freeze it. Also, we ended up doing a day 3 transfer instead of day 5. What we didn't have in quantity, we made up for in quality of embryos. Our embryologist gave us a picture of them under the microscope and showed us how good they looked. I don't know how we ended up with twins on the first shot of IVF. We're very blessed.

You're getting close to your retreival day! How's your cycle going so far?

nycaligrl1 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Yep, approximately 2 weeks from retrieval! Everything is going good so far, got all my meds yesterday, wow that was a lil overwhelming! haha tonight is my last BCP, I go in tomorrow for another sono & bw & start stims on Thursday!!!

When is your due date, you must be getting close to mommyhood!!!
Me (31) DH (37) TTC 1 for 9 years
Ectopic with Rt tube loss 2003
MC @ 6 weeks 2005
9 IUI's - 6 clomid,3 stim all BFN
Took a 4 yr Mental break
IVF1 June/July 2012
1 furbaby Sara 6yr old German S

FrenchBulldogMom replied to nycaligrl1's response:
I'm having my C-section on the 27th! 2 more days!!! I can't wait because these babies are running out of room. Baby A is breech. It's a good thing we decided on a c-section ahead of time because I'd have to have one anyway.

nycaligrl1 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Ooo Good Luck & Congrats!!!!
MC @ 6 weeks 2005
Took a 4 yr Mental break
IVF1 June/July 2012

KL0124 replied to nycaligrl1's response:
Hope your stims are going well and that you are all set for ER in a few days!

nycaligrl1 replied to KL0124's response:
Hi Kris,

So far so good. Today is day 9 of stims, I added the Menopur & Ganirellix yesterday. I've got approx 20 follicles, but the biggest is only 16.5 as of this am. We also added Estrogen this am because my lining is only at a 5 As of right now lookin at ER for Wednesday or Thursday, but i go into tomorrow so we'll see.
How are you feeling? Hope your twinkies are treating you good
MC @ 6 weeks 2005
Took a 4 yr Mental break
IVF1 June/July 2012

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Lisa. Been with my husband 15 years, married for 3. TTC #1 for 2 years. Found out DH's sperm count is 200k/ml. In the process of diagn...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.