Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Acupuncture treatments?????
Fleischman posted:
Hello Everyone, I am back for a July Cycle. In march we did a IVF cycle w/ PGD banking. So i did the cycle but didnt transfer. We have 4 Frozen Blastocyst embies that have all tested Normal. I plan to start my frozen cycle Around july 24th. I decided to start acupuncture once a week until my estrace and then twice a week until transfer. Anyone out there do this and have a success story? this will be my 3rd IVF cycle. 2nd Frozen. I have only had one BFP in 2007 with my Twins B/G , my DD became angel a month after birth. WE want to give Quinn a lil friend but it just hasn't been working. Any story's please share.
Me (29) DH (42) Married 2006
IVF 1 - 10/07- BFP TWINS DS/DD, 32 weeks delivered. DD angel 18 days later.
FT1 - 8/10- BFN
IVF 2- 11/10- BFN
IVF 3- 3/12 FINGERS CROSSED w/PDG DHEA and CoQ10

KL0124 responded:
Lurking from PAIF. Happy to hear that things are going well for you and that ET is just around the corner. We were swimming at the same time this spring. I was unable to find an acupuncturist in my area with experience in infertility, but was able to find a person who did acupressure. I felt great during and after the session, my scans for uterine blood flow were the best they have ever looked and I'm almost 13 weeks pg with twins with no complications...so far. This is my first pg (out of that everything has gone picture perfect and I haven't lost a baby (DD was a twin). I would say that every little bit helps. Good luck and hope to see you over on PAIF soon.
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels
10 total rounds of clomid, 2 of femara, and too many days of progesterone to count, 3 IUIs, IVF1 Twins!

livelaughmoe responded:
Hello. I did acupuncture just prior to this past pregnancy, even though it was a miscarriage, i would like to think It helped me get pregnant. My acupuncturist is very holistic, John Miley, if you google him, he believes in a "hunters and gathers" diet, grass fed beef, veggies, fruit,ect. A girl from my local support group just got pregnant naturally, with his interventions. I have contemplated doing this all natural as well. I hope this helps. Overall, I think no matter what is if you have the extra funds it can only help. He said typically it takes 3 months of acupuncture to see the effects.

I am going to start acupuncture in the beginning of July, I am waiting for my AF to start, so we can wait a cycle, to start TTC again. Thinking of doing IUI again, going back to what worked. So hope to see you all on this board soon!!

Kris, nice to hear from you, hope you are doing well!!! Hope to be back with you on PAIF soon!
Me 28 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (CP) 4th IUI 3/19 BFN, 5th IUI 4/16 BFP, M/C @ 9wks

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sarah 36, DH is 35 and we suffer from MFIF. We had IVF/ICSI in Aug 07 and have a beautiful DS as the result. IVF/ICSI #2 was a BFP and resulted in m/c...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.