Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Retrieval tomorrow
nycaligrl1 posted:
So its official!! My retrieval is tomorrow!!!! I triggered last night, with Lupron Trigger, wasn't expecting that, had HCG all ready to go and then called and said Nope, gonna do lupron trigger. So then it was a mad dash to get the only "fertility pharmacy" in the area to deliver the shot in time. But we got it, and its done, and now I just have to get through today, oh boy its gonna be a looooong day at work today! haha

So at my last sono which was sunday, I had 20+ follicles, 14 of which were mature & ready to go, and approximately 7 that were right on the edge of maturity. So we'll see what happens. I am beyond nervous & scared. Sooo please pray for me. Thanks ladies!!

**Baby dust & wishes & Prayers to you all too!**

Kat
Me (31) DH (37) TTC 1 for 9 years
Ectopic with Rt tube loss 2003
MC @ 6 weeks 2005
9 IUI's - 6 clomid,3 stim all BFN
Took a 4 yr Mental break
IVF1 June/July 2012
1 furbaby Sara 6yr old German S

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
  • Lurking from PAIF grad board*

I was really nervous and scared before my ER, also. The medicine they gave me (Propofol) to put me into the twilight sleep worked so well, I didn't know I was even under until my RE was telling me that we were done. In my case, we only had 4 mature eggs and only 3 fertlized. My RE transferred all 3 and we just had our twins 12 days ago.

14 mature follicles is really awesome. Good Luck and lots of baby dust!!!
    Me:35, DH:35, TTC 2 1/2 years, IVF 1: Twins due in June!!!
  •  
    KL0124 responded:
    Hooray! How exciting. And you were worried about big enough follicles. What a great number of mature and borderline ones. I only had 8 eggs with 5 fertilizing, so those are amazing to me. ER really isn't bad at all. Can't wait to hear how good your eggs are and then our BFP so I can add you to the PAIF list. Praying for you!
    Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels
    10 total rounds of clomid, 2 of femara, and too many days of progesterone to count, 3 IUIs, IVF1 Twins!

nycaligrl1 replied to KL0124's response:
    Hi Ladies, So retireval this morning went really well! They retrieved . . . . .drum roll. . . haha 19 mature eggs!!!!! I couldn't believe it, well I could because I could feel there was ALOT going on in there, but still 19!!! woah! So now we're just waiting for tomorrows phone call to see how many fertilized.

I was loving twilight sleep! hehe I went from the table with my legs in the air to being back on the gurney in recovery! Feeling ok, lots of cramping and it hurts like crazy to sit.

French, congrats on your twins!! I hope they are both happy & healthy!
    Kris, thank you for the prayers. They mean a lot
    MC @ 6 weeks 2005
    Took a 4 yr Mental break
    IVF1 June/July 2012

FrenchBulldogMom replied to nycaligrl1's response:
    Ty!

I remember the cramping afterwards. My clinic wouldn't even prescribe any pain meds!!! I hope you have tons of eggs that fertilized.

nycaligrl1 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
    We have 15 embryos!!!! Out of the 19 eggs, 15 fertilized!!!! Transfer is scheduled for tomorrow, but the nurse said they may wait until sunday (day 5) because I have so many. I am nervous because I want the best chances, but I've heard alot of reports that sometimes they don't make it to day 5 & they don't freeze well after day 5

*fingers crossed & LOTS of prayers*
    MC @ 6 weeks 2005
    Took a 4 yr Mental break
    IVF1 June/July 2012

KL0124 replied to nycaligrl1's response:
    Wow! You have amazing eggs and embryos! Day 5 is tough, but then you have much higher chances of a successful pg. I had 9 follicles, 8 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized, 3 made it to day 5, transferred all 3 (one was poor and definitely wouldn't freeze), and am 13w6d pg with twins. So my numbers were no where near as excellent as yours, but it can go the other way too. Listen to your RE and know that it just takes 1. Praying for you and our embryos.
    10 total rounds of clomid, 2 of femara, and too many days of progesterone to count, 3 IUIs, IVF1 Twins!

Hi Kris, Well I just got the phone call, they are pushing me to day 5 I had a feeling thats what they would do. Still very nervous about it, but whatever they feel is best, I guess I am ok with.
    How are you feeling? You are in my thoughts & prayers for a successful next few months!
    MC @ 6 weeks 2005
    Took a 4 yr Mental break
    IVF1 June/July 2012

FrenchBulldogMom replied to nycaligrl1's response:
    With the number of eggs you have, I'm not surprised that they decided to go with a day 5. The only reason that my RE did day 3 with us is because we only had 3 embryos to work with.

Good luck with the 2ww. It's the hardest part!! Baby dust!

Kat, Being able to go to dy 5 is wonderful! it is nerve wracking too, but just think, it makes the time from ET to testing shorter. Do you know how many they will transfer and when they will test? As hard as it is, try and relax during the next couple of weeks. Pamper yourself a little and enjoy time with your DH.

I'm doing much better. Day 4 zofran (anti nausea med) free, starting to hit my calorie counts during the day and sleeping through he night. The babies are growing great and me along with them. Thanks for asking.

Praying for you and can't wait to add ou to the PAIF lists!

KL0124 replied to KL0124's response:
    Just checking into see how you are doing since ER and ET. Hope it all went well.

Hi Kris,

Sorry its taken me a while to write back. It's been a tough couple of weeks. 3 days after the ET my hubbys gm passed away and so we were dealing with that. I was having really bad cramping the day of the funeral, and 2 days later started spotting. Needless to say it was a BFN

We actually met with our RE this am to discuss what to do next & to figure out what happend. He couldn't really see anything that went wrong, other than maybe the embryo wasn't really as good as it looked. He said that if we were okay, physically & emotionally he felt okay to actually proceed with a FET for August. (we have 8 embies frozen)

So after bw & sono this morning we decided to proceed. I start the estrogen patches tonight & are currently scheduled for FET on Aug 20th.

Just taking one day at a time right now.

How are you feeling? Good I hope!
    MC @ 6 weeks 2005
    Took a 4 yr Mental break
    IVF 1 June/July 2012 BFN :(
    FET 1 Aug 2012

Hi Kat, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and BFN. What a rough time you have had. TTC is such a emotional time and adding a death in the family on top of it.

Happy to hear that your RE is optimistic about your chances with an FET. How do you feel with moving forward? How much different are the meds with a FET than an IVF cycle? Praying that this will be the month for you and you can join PAIF.

Kris

Thanks so much Kris. The FET cycle has been really easy so far. Since our consultation on the 1st, I've only had 4 other office appts which were for sono & bw. The only meds I'm on are the estrogen patches, 2 every other day & then I started the PIO shots tonight. Thats it! No other shots or meds! WHEW! haha I had my last sono & bw this am until the Transfer on Monday and as of this am my linning was an 8, so thats a plus. Even though they are checking my blood levels, they don't focus on them as much, they just want to make sure your ovaries are being quiet.

They've also decided to transfer 2 embies this time (we only did 1 with the fresh. Again, like the fresh I have mixed feelings on the number. But it's all in Gods hands

How are you feeling? Everything going good with your twinkies??

Thanks for your prayers, they are MUCH appreciated

Kat
    MC @ 6 weeks 2005
    Took a 4 yr Mental break
    IVF 1 June/July 2012 BFN :(
    FET 1 Aug 2012

Kat, I'm happy to hear that the meds are much easier this time for you. Will be praying for you and a healthy transfer tomorrow. Transferring two is a big decision, but you will wind up with the baby/babies you are ment to. Do you have any good plans during your 2WW? How many days post transfer will you get your bw done?

Things are going well here. Feeling pretty good overall. Got thrown for a loop at the anatomy scan when they said Baby A was a girl instead of a boy like they originally though. Both babies are healthy and growing and that is all we can ask for.

Praying for you, Kris

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me -24- not ovulating on my own. DH -28- SA completly normal! Average cycle - 31 days. TTC our 1st since November 2009. Referred to a RE in 2011. His...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
    2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.