Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
trying to understand my recent labwork, momma of 3 with PCOS ready to try for baby #4
DaniGirl1488 posted:
Hello, I have been battling the dreaded PCOS for 5 years now, although I'am lucky enough to have been able to conceive my youngest without help just a few weeks after my diagnosis, it has since gotten worse, no periods hardley ever...etc the first time they ran the tests the only thing they had to go on was the fact I had a pretty raised level of insulin, this time all the blood work shows all classic signs, but my curiousity lies in my FSH< LH and ESTD my NP really didint explain what these are and ive been researching some and wondering what my levels mean, my FSH is 7.6, my LH is 9.1 and myESTD is 48, are these good numbers for someone before meds are introduced, I will now be starting metformin, provera and thyroid medication to help get me back on track, just all so confusing!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH and I have been married since 2003 and have been trying for a baby since 2004. I recently lost over 80 pounds, while DH was in Iraq, and when he...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.