Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
29 & Just Had My First IUI
cg022020 posted:
Hi All:

I just did my first IUI on Sunday and I am 5dp IUI. I really want to take a pregnancy test tommorow so bad. THIS IS BRUTAL. I did Gonal F & the trigger shot. This two weeks is going to kill me. Has anyone else gone through this? What are my chances of this working? We tried for 2 years and I realized I only ovulate about every other cycle and my cycles are ALL over the place. Any support would be amazing.

Thanks ladies!

deliela999 responded:
I did femara, gonal-f, and trigger shot without IUI and got my BFP on the first try of that combo. Good luck! It is brutal, but will be worth it.

cg022020 replied to deliela999's response:
Thank you so much for replying!!!!! So I am 8 dp iui and I took a test to today like a crazy person. It was negative. Is that a bad sign? When should I test again? Thanks again!

deliela999 replied to cg022020's response:
I wouldn't read anything into it since you tested so early. You do know that the trigger shot is out of your system so a positive after this is a true positive. My RE's office told me what day to test and I only let myself test one day early. I think it was 14 days after the trigger shot. I didn't want to test on Monday morning and have to go to work. I'm glad I did because when it was positive DH and I were in shock and just sat and stared at each other for a long time. Good luck!!

livelaughmoe responded:
Too early, the wait is excruciating. I will be with you in a few short weeks with IUI! Hoping for a positive test for you!!,
Me 28 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (CP) 4th IUI 3/19 BFN, 5th IUI 4/16 BFP, M/C @ 9wks

cg022020 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
Thanks so much! This support really helps. I am not 9 dpiui, I have a doctor's appointment on 9/17 for bloodwork if I don't get my period. Hopefully I don't! I have another home preg. test, I might take it on Friday but I know I shouldnt!

livelaughmoe replied to cg022020's response:
Your so cute, I know it's so hard to refrain....how we convince ourselves is a strange phenomenon others will never understand! Keep us posted!
Me 28 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (CP) 4th IUI 3/19 BFN, 5th IUI 4/16 BFP, M/C @ 9wks

WTF I did it again, I am losing it I swear. Got a BFN. I am 10 dpo. I am gettig so nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KL0124 replied to cg022020's response:
Deep breaths! It is soooo hard not to POAS all the time. I've had cycles where I was negative 10DPO and it stayed that way and my last cycle I got a BFN at the equivalent of 10DPO and wound up pg with twins (now 22w5d). The wait is horrible. Good luck. Will they do betas or do you just have to wait and see what the HPTs say first?
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels
10 total rounds of clomid, 2 of femara, and too many days of progesterone to count, 3 IUIs, IVF1 Twins!

cg022020 replied to KL0124's response:
I tested again this morning, digital and it said PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 11dpo, hopefully this is for real and I can go in this weekend for bloodwork. The support online has made this process so much easier, thanks so much ladies, you have no idea Xo!

deliela999 replied to cg022020's response:
Yay! I hope everything works out for you!!

livelaughmoe replied to cg022020's response:
Great news! Keep us posted on your numbers!!

I hope to be right behind you!
Me 29 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (CP) 4th IUI 3/19 BFN, 5th IUI 4/16 BFP, M/C @ 9wks

I def. will! I am going in on Sunday and then again on Tuesday. Will keep you posted.

KL0124 replied to cg022020's response:
Congratulations! H&H 9 months to you!
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels
10 total rounds of clomid, 2 of femara, and too many days of progesterone to count, 3 IUIs, IVF1 Twins!

cg022020 replied to KL0124's response:
My numbers were great today, have to go in Tuesday to make sure they keep growing! Very exciting time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Danielle (30) and my DH, Michael (32) has MFIF. We have been married since Nov 2006. We have been TTC for 3 years with no success. Had our fir...More

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.