IUI and chances of quads
An_247646 posted:
Hello, I was just curious if anyone has had any luck with the IUI. I went in Wednesday and I had 4 eggs in my right ovary. I had went monday and there was one three but on wednesday one had just appeared so it was small, 2 were 15mm, and 1 was 22mm. The doctor then explained that the risk of quads was unlikely but twins or triplets was highly likely. I did clomid 150mg and also I had the trigger shot plus the IUI. I'm currently on my two weeks wait and I'm just hoping that it worked!! Any positive feedback or suggestion on how likely this worked would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance
FirstPrevious12NextLast

AmyG90 responded:
Hi An! First off, good luck this cycle, hoping this is it for you!!

From what I read, chances of multiples do increase with IUI, but only slightly. It depends how good the sperms are, and also how good your eggs are. Indeed, your 21 follicle is certainly mature. I think they consider anything over 18 mature. Therefore the 15s are close but not all the way there, although I understand they grow pretty fast from one day to the next so, by the time they are released and meet with sperms, they could very well be mature enough to result in a pregnancy.

What is your TTC history? How long we're you trying, and are there any diagnosed fertility issues with you guys?

Also - might I ask, is this your first round of IUI? I wonder why they put you on such a high dose of Clomid. Maybe your egg production needed the extra bump. I was out on only 50mg, and produced 2 eggs last month (one 18 and one 21, I think) - but alas my IUI was unsuccessful. The odds are very low, unfortunately, but of course having 2 eggs increases the odds considerably. The stats I saw show success rate for IUI being around 6-12%, for women in their mid 30s. If you're younger it's possibly slightly higher but I don't think it's ever more than about 20%.

So hopefully you had 3 good targets this month and hopefully your odds are tripled!

Let us know what happens, sending baby dust your way.
me36, dh40 TTC9mo, now bck-2-bck IUI w/Clomid

An_247646 replied to AmyG90's response:
Thanks so much for your reply! Our history is I am 24 and my husband is 23. We have been trying for almost 2 years now. I was diagnosed with a slight case of endometriosis and irregular periods. My husband also had trouble with his sperm but after vitamins is all better. Thanks goodness!! Yes this is my first round of clomid. I think they put me on such high dose because I have been on clomid before but with no other help and it didn't work. When I went in for my appointment I had no cysts and was good to go! My doctor gave me a 30% chance that it worked so he seemed pretty positive. I'm glad he was because I'm having my doubts Thanks again for your reply!!

AmyG90 replied to An_247646's response:
Hi again, and you are very welcome.
I'm no expert, but I try to share what I've read or been told by my RE and hopefully that helps.

Given your history of irregular periods, I guess the 150mg makes sense It sure seems to have worked, you got 3 follicles and that's great! And one that is nice and big
Glad to hear your doc thinks there's a 30% chance, that is great! Maybe he counts about 10% for each egg, who knows? Either way it's good!!

Good luck during these 2 weeks, stay really busy and serene, positive and healthy, as many say that it makes a big difference!!

Sending baby dust your way!
me36, dh40 TTC9mo, now bck-2-bck IUI w/Clomid

So this two week wait is driving me crazy!! Just wondering if it worked or not. Am I suppose to be feeling anything? Besides having a few hot flashes at night, that's the only thing that's different. Would love to hear answers from people that have been through this

Ugh, I know!!! I got my second round of IUI on Wednesday and am doing the countdown to Nov 5th, which is 12dpo and when the doctor said I could test...

How many days until you can test? Try and wait to test cause it really can give you a false negative if you do it too early!

And nooooo. No symptoms at all until usually 6 weeks (which is therefore about 2 weeks AFTER you test positive) so don't worry about symptoms, you shouldn't be having any yet
me36, dh40 TTC9mo, now bck-2-bck IUI w/Clomid, IUI 1: 09/12- BFN; IUI 2: 10/24/12! Considering IVF if unsuccessful IUI 2

I can test on October 31st!! I'm very close Good luck to you and I hope it works this time for you. Did you have a good amount/size of follicules?!

livelaughmoe replied to An_247646's response:
Ugh, the TWW is brutal. My advice, download Womanlog on android or countdowntogregnancy.com to help with logging symptoms, and seeing what others feel on the same day past ovulation, then you can always look back. As brutal as it is, I know how hard it is too keep your mind off of it. I will be here for you during the TWW, if you need any support.

I'm on a rest for 21 days to process a cyst from a collapsed follicle. Last month I had a perfect IUI cycle with no luck.

Have my fingers crossed for both of you ladies!!!! baby dust

Cassy
Me 29 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (CP) 4th IUI 3/19 BFN, 5th IUI 4/16 BFP, M/C @ 9wks

OMG, that's in 2 days!!! Can't wait to hear about your results! Fingers crossed for you!

Last month I had two follicles, one at 18 and one at 21... and did the shot so theoretically, they both should have released eggs. This month I had a 15 and a 27 (!!!) , but didn't do the trigger shot but at least the 27 should have released. So there should have been one egg for sure. My lining was a bit thinner than last month, though, at 8.5 (versus 9.5 last month) even though I was (still am) on oestrogen....

How about you?? What were your numbers?

I'm so excited that you're testing in 2 days!! That helps me keep my mind off my own countdown, which is still at D -7 !!!
me36, dh40 TTC9mo, now bck-2-bck IUI w/Clomid, IUI 1: 09/12- BFN; IUI 2: 10/24/12! Considering IVF if unsuccessful IUI 2

AmyG90 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
Hi Cassy! Thanks so much for your suggestions and for wishing us luck. I'm sorry to hear your last IUI wasn't successful and even more that you need to take a month off to recover from the issue you had. It's just so hard to wait the 2WW, having to "lay off" for a whole cycle must really be difficult!!

I saw you've attempted quite a few IUIs this year. Sorry about your m/c How many cycles of IUI are you guys planning on doing? I'm guessing that because you managed to get pregnant through IUI, it makes sense to continue on that route? I ask because I myself am trying to figure out how fast to move forward with IVF treatment....

Thanks and rest well!

When my doctor first looked my uterus lining was kinda thin but then he put me on this medicine (can't think of the name) and after a few days it was much better and right where it needed to be. I had 4 follicules total. One was small so I'm not sure the size but the others were 15,15,and 22. The doctor gave me a 30% chance it worked so I'm hoping for the best!! Also I know I'm not suppose to be having symptoms but lately I've been having a few. Yesterday I was a little nausea after lunch and dinner and for the past few days my gag reflex when brushing my teeth has been awful! I'm trying to not look into it but its hard not too. My husband made a comment that if I'm pregnant with triplets or twins maybe I would feel symptoms. Very confusing and just ready to see that positive on Wednesday!

Oh my god! That'd be great!!!

24 hours countdown for you!!! Can't wait !!

An_247646 responded:
Feeling kinda discouraged right now. Took a test this morning and it was negative. I know this is our first IUI but I had high hopes. The doctor said to wait and take another test Sunday. My husband is staying positive but I'm doubtful. Is there a chance it could be positive in a few days??

livelaughmoe replied to AmyG90's response:
Hi Amy, our plan is to do a few more IUI and then maybe shake it up a little. Have an appt with my RE in a few weeks to discuss. For us IVF is so expensive around 25,000. And right now our IUIs are about 1200. Cost is huge, I fear spending everything we have and have no baby. I've gotten pregnant with IUI 2 times, and were hoping 3rd times a charm!

What are you thinking and what does you doctor think? Have you tried doing acupuncture along side? That's something I recently started (out of desperation).
Me 29 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. HSG, SHG good, SA good, 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (CP) 4th IUI 3/19 BFN, 5th IUI 4/16 BFP, M/C @ 9wks

livelaughmoe replied to An_247646's response:
How many days past IUI are you? Lots of people have false positives early. Don't give up hope until you see RED (another group member gave me that feedback!