Skip to content

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Rash.... From stress possibly during IVF?
abbey96 posted:
Hi ladies, Obviously I've become a hot mess between coming down with a head cold and now developing a hand rash during my first week of injections!

I wanted to ask if anyone else developed a rash or any other odd side effects during IVF?

Two weeks ago I woke up with my hand itching. After looking at it I noticed two tiny bute looking marks, I figured it might be a small spider bite? I began my injections last Friday and since those two "bites" have turned into about 15-20 on both hands. Almost blisters, a burning rash that itches like crazy.

My general physician thinks its a "stress rash." Have been trying to take it extra easy, get lots of rest, etc.

Am I the only crazy one here?
Me 32 DH 34 TTC 1 3/4 years. 7 rounds of Clomid, 2 rounds of Femara, one laparoscopy for endo

AmyG90 responded:
Oh wow, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that! Although I do think that stress can cause all sorts of manifestations, I would ask your RE if rashes are a possible side effect of the meds you're on. It's very likely that could be the case or - worse, maybe you're allergic to them??

I hope you find out what it is!
me36, dh40 TTC9mo, now bck-2-bck IUI w/Clomid, IUI 1: 09/12- BFN; IUI 2: 10/24/12! Considering IVF if unsuccessful IUI 2

abbey96 replied to AmyG90's response:
After visiting my dermatologist I found out it was not related to anything I'm undergoing with fertility . Phewwwww!
Me 32 DH 34 TTC 1 3/4 years. 7 rounds of Clomid, 2 rounds of Femara, one laparoscopy for endo

AmyG90 replied to abbey96's response:
Oh phew!!! Glad to hear that!!
me36, dh40 TTC9mo, now bck-2-bck IUI w/Clomid, IUI 1: 09/12- BFN; IUI 2: 10/24/12! Considering IVF if unsuccessful IUI 2

Spotlight: Member Stories

Kate (29), DH (30), one furbaby (Doberge) We've been TTC for 2 full years now. We started out with a "natural" IUI cycle. BFN. Then came...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.