Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Egg Retrieval, number of eggs & recovery
abbey96 posted:
Had my egg retrieval today - they were able to get 24 eggs. Wanted to ask to the ladies who have undergone IVF the number of eggs they were able to retrieve, and from that how many embryos were successful?

My procedure was early this morning around 8:30. Got home safe and sound but just woke up around 5:30 - was shocked I slept so long! Very sore, with a small amount of bleeding. How long was it before you all were back to your normal routine?

My transfer is Wednesday - praying it goes the way we hope Thank you all for all of the support through this process. I have no friends or family who are going through fertility issues, so it has been wonderful to speak with you all.
Me 32 DH 34 TTC 1 3/4 years. 7 rounds of Clomid, 2 rounds of Femara, one laparoscopy for endo

AmyG90 responded:
Oh wow, that's great! I think my clinic does a min of 10 eggs, and doesn't like anything above 30. So seems like your numbers are right on!

Was it painful during the procedure, or only soreness afterwards??

I'm so excited for you! Will be thinking of you Wednesday!! Baby dust!
me36, dh40 TTC9mo, now bck-2-bck IUI w/Clomid, IUI 1: 09/12- BFN; IUI 2: 10/24/12! Considering IVF if unsuccessful IUI 2

beckyatmoms responded:
I did 3 IVF cycles, with the third being successful. The first 2 I had ALOT more eggs retrieved but they ended up being poor quality. With the third cycle they changed my protocol which resulted in fewer eggs but they were much better quality. I guess I'm trying to say the amount retrieved really doesn't indicate success. Hopefully with the amount you had retrieved you will have plenty of wonderful embryos to choose from

Have you gotten your fertilization report?
Becky (35) DH (31) TTC for over 3 years. MFIF DS(12) DD(5)
IVF1 (Long Lupron) 3/10 BFN
IVF2 (Long Lupron) 2/11 BFN
IVF3 (Antagonist) BFP!!!
TWINS!!! EDD 8/23/12

abbey96 replied to beckyatmoms's response:
Sorry for the delay in response....

I had a total of 24 eggs, 17 were mature, and 14 fertilized. Had my transfer yesterday - one of the most amazing experiences. Incredible to see the embryos beforehand, knowing what they might possibly grow into, and the transfer on the screen.

Now the wait....
Me 32 DH 34 TTC 1 3/4 years. 7 rounds of Clomid, 2 rounds of Femara, one laparoscopy for endo

rosecam responded:
That's so great! I wish you a speedy 10-day wait. Did you freeze the unused embryos for the future? FETs are *so* much easier than fresh IVF cycles.

I did 4 fresh IVF cycles. Here are my stats for eggs-->fertilized-->grew well (to day 3 for cycles 1-3 and day 5 for cycle 4)
8-->5-->4
11-->1-->1 (after this one they used ICSI to fertilize)
9-->8-->5
8-->7-->5
Rose (33), DH (33), DS (1). To Conceive 1: IVF 12/09, FET 2/10, IVF 4/10, IVF w/ ICSI 5/10 - all neg. New RE IVF w/ ICSI, AH and PGS 8/10 - chemical. FET 11/10 - BFP led to DS! Now, TTC 2.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Sarah. I'm 31, a happily married SAHM to my son who was born 7/24/09. DS was conceived after 2 years via IVF/ICSI/FET. We're dealing w...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.