Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
What test means 5dp5dt
Kamiem posted:
Ok. So it's my first IVF cycle. I took a digital test 4dp5dt and it said pregnant. Then took another one today at 5dp5dt and it says pregnant again. Could this be a false positive?

KOOPERSMOM responded:
Lurking...

Congrats, I would say you're pregnant!!!
Sarah(36), DH(35), IVF/ICSI 1 DS-Kooper(2 years), IVF/ICSI 2 BFP with M/C at 9.5 weeks. IVF3 BFN. FET 3/4/11 1 hatching blast.

rosecam responded:
I'd be a little cautious about interpreting the result. Could it still be the trigger shot in your system? I found this information at the NYU fertility center website, http://www.nyufertilitycenter.org/ivf/embryo_transfer:

5-Day Transfer Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
Embryo Development One The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell Two The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus Three The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation Four Implantation continues Five Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop Six Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream Seven Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted Eight Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted Nine Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy
So it might be a little early to be detecting hCG from the embryo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that it really is the embryo though!
Rose (33), DH (33), DS (1). To Conceive 1: IVF 12/09, FET 2/10, IVF 4/10, IVF w/ ICSI 5/10 - all neg. New RE IVF w/ ICSI, AH and PGS 8/10 - chemical. FET 11/10 - BFP led to DS! Now, TTC 2.

rosecam replied to rosecam's response:
Oops, the table didn't post correctly. Follow the link for the info. Anyway, basic point is that it's usually around 6dp5dt that hCG starts to enter the blood stream. But I imagine there's variation.
Rose (33), DH (33), DS (1). To Conceive 1: IVF 12/09, FET 2/10, IVF 4/10, IVF w/ ICSI 5/10 - all neg. New RE IVF w/ ICSI, AH and PGS 8/10 - chemical. FET 11/10 - BFP led to DS! Now, TTC 2.

no1phillygirl responded:
I had a positive preg test 6dp5dt and it resulted in my baby girl. I think if you have positive again tomorrow you should be good. If you have more than one baby the numbers may show up quicker. . Good luck
Marla 42 DH 32 BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08
6/09 RE
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 11/09
ivf2 2/10 BFP 13wks trisomy(d

abbey96 replied to rosecam's response:
Good info to know about when hCG begins to show up. I'm in the middle of my 2ww (day 6) but am too nervous to test yet for fear it will be negative now and positive later.....it would definitely upset me and ruin my day

Trying to hold out for a few more days, we will see if I can last!
Me 32 DH 34 TTC 1 3/4 years. 7 rounds of Clomid, 2 rounds of Femara, one laparoscopy for endo

Kamiem replied to abbey96's response:
I tested again today at 7dp5dt and it read positive once again. I'm going to take another test in a few days (9 or 10 dp) and hopefully that will be the sure sign! I like testing at home because it gives me some sense of control in an out-of-control situation. Weird, I know. Baby dust to everyone here!!!

rosecam replied to Kamiem's response:
That's great! Congratulations! When does your doc have you in for your first beta?

livelaughmoe responded:
http://exchanges.webmd.com/pregnancy-after-infertility-exchange

You will have to Check out the PAI board, congrats!
Me 29 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (CP) 4th IUI 3/19 BFN, 5th IUI 4/16 BFP, M/C @ 6 weeks, 6th IUI BFN.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Vicky. My husband and I are both 34 and been married almost 11 years. I was diagnosed with PCOS with Insulin Resistance in 2000 and we have ne...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.