Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Moe Blue and Vulnerable
livelaughmoe posted:
Hello, I've been on these boards for a few years now, and I see people come and go. I can't explain why I feel like this, but I feel all alone in this process. In this online support group and my local support group, everyone I knew and felt connected with has since left on into mother hood or pregnancy. Naturally this is part of the beautiful process, and i am so excited when i see a TRIGS, but i often wonder if i am meant to be a childless adult (which breaks my heart to say). Ive tried counseling once but being in the mental health profession myself, I didn't find her style to be helpful. She spent more time persuading me on the reasons to adopt.....boooo. How do other people deal with work and emotions? I just recently confided in my male boss, proposing a decrease in hours, so I can keep sane. Even though this isn't smart financially, im feeling like everything is just too much. Can someone help me interpret these sad/lonely feelings.
Me 29 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (CP) 4th IUI 3/19 BFN, 5th IUI 4/16 BFP, M/C @ 6 weeks, 6th IUI BFN.

att76 responded:
Moe, I hear how you feel. I have felt the same way for probably 6-9 months. I am now going on 2 years of trying with no results. Every time I read someone has gotten their BFP, I am happy for them, but part of me if jealous and wonders when I will get mine. I don't like feeling this way either. I am a teacher and work with kids everyday. I see parents who should not be parents and wonder why they are blessed to have children, but I (and the rest of us in this journey) can't. It doesn't make sense, but I try not to think about those people to much anymore! I don't think I am necessarily helping you, but just am happy that I am not the only one who thinks/feels this way. I have never been brave enough to write it on these boards and am happy that someone else feels the same way.

DH and I are taking some time off over the holidays. We will start back up in 2013 and it will probably be IVF.

I am sending you HUGS!!
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11),IUI1 12/14/11,IUI2 1/10/12,IUI3 2/9,RE March 21st, LAP surgery 3/28

no1phillygirl responded:
Hi I have been on the boards for a long time. There were many that had done 1ivf had twins and moved on while I couldn't keep a pregnancy. I would be so happy for them but have my own little pity party. This is not an easy thing to deal with and I myself saw a therapist or two. I did 6 ivf cycles 2 of which were using egg donor and finally got my happy ending. Maybe you should get a 2nd opinion. 6 iui's seem like enough and maybe you have some issues that need to be looked into. A fresh start may be good. I still lurk because this was a huge part of my life for a long time. You are not alone. Please continue to use this site to vent. Virtual hug coming your way. Take care Marla
Marla 42 DH 32 BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08. 6/09 RE
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 11/09 ivf2 2/10 BFP 13wks trisomy(d

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (27) DH(33) TTC 3years 5 cycle clmd failed (1st) IVF/ICSI in March (indecisive).

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.