Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
New to this community
mrs62610 posted:
Hello! I'm coming over from the Clomid boards. Here is some background......DH and I have been TTC for 19 months and have gone through 8 medicated cycles (More details in my signature) all resulting in BFN's. The problem seems to be with me as I O sporadically on my own. DH had a couple of low sperm counts with IUI's but any other time it was checked the SA said it was in normal range! We had the IVF Protocol consult this morning and the RE said he was not concerned with DH's sperm counts. He suggested that we could do a LAP first and then do IVF or do one cycle first then if it doesn't work, do a LAP. (We have the "Cadillac" insurance plan as the nurse told us, so cost for IVF isn't a huge problem. Thank God!!) The RE said it was up to me which to do first and I chose to do one cycle first, then a LAP, if necessary. I'm on BCP's right now. We have a baseline appt on Dec. 27th to have all the preliminary tests done and sign all the consent forms. We are looking at the week of January 21st as the week of the ER and ET!!!! I'm nervous and excited at the same time!!

Jennifer
Me-24 DH-38 Did 3 rounds of Clomid, 5 rounds of Femara and 3 IUI's, all BFN's. Preparing for IVF in January.

beckyatmoms responded:
LURKING....welcome! I was on this board for a very long time - 3 1/2 years - before we were successful and I can tell you it is wonderful to have the support of the ladies on here. Please feel free to use the board to vent, ask questions, ect and always keep us updated!

Good luck on your IVF cycle. I did 3 - with the 3rd being successful - so I know how stressful it can be. Hang in there!
Becky (35) DH (31) TTC for over 3 years. MFIF DS(12) DD(5)
IVF1 (Long Lupron) 3/10 BFN
IVF2 (Long Lupron) 2/11 BFN
IVF3 (Antagonist) BFP!!!
TWINS!!! EDD 8/23/12

mrs62610 replied to beckyatmoms's response:
Thanks! Congrats on your LO's!! I can't wait for my own! I feel good about the next step!
Me-24 DH-38 Did 3 rounds of Clomid, 5 rounds of Femara and 3 IUI's, all BFN's. Preparing for IVF in January.

livelaughmoe responded:
Welcome to the board. I had a Lap done last year in December, thinking it was going to be a waste of time. Doc found a large cyst on my fallopian tube. Since it was removed I have has 2 BFP tests! It was about a week recovery.

Cassy
Me 29 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (CP) 4th IUI 3/19 BFN, 5th IUI 4/16 BFP, M/C @ 6 weeks, 6th IUI BFN.

mrs62610 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
Thanks, Cassy! I'm hoping this first round works so I don't have to have the Lap, but I'm ok with it if we do. My RE isn't sure that I have Endo but he said it's a possibility with my AF history. Since there is no clear evidence that I have it he suggested to wait on the Lap.

att76 replied to mrs62610's response:
Hi Jennifer!

I did the Lap in March and had extreme endo! I had horrible cramps and pain during sex plus endo runs in my family so it was kind of a no brainer! Good luck with the IVF cycle, I will be there shortly!
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11),IUI1 12/14/11,IUI2 1/10/12,IUI3 2/9,RE March 21st, LAP surgery 3/28

livelaughmoe replied to att76's response:
Thinking about you! Excited to hear about your new journey with IVF.
Me 29 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (CP) 4th IUI 3/19 BFN, 5th IUI 4/16 BFP, M/C @ 6 weeks, 6th IUI BFN.

mrs62610 replied to att76's response:
Thanks! I'll keep you posted!

att76 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
Thanks Cassy! I have been kind of keeping a low profile lately! I haven't really been on much just to keep myself sane! I was thinking about it WAY to much!!

Anyway, update on me! I took November and DEcember off and was going to start back up in Jan or Feb. I have been having some random bleeding and spotting for many months and have just been getting frustrated with it all. I knew a baby was not going to stick if this continued, so with much complaining to my RE he finally decided to do a special u/s to look for polyps. Yes, he found multiple polyps. I will need to have surgery in january to remove them, however we can start up right away after the surgery if we want.

Before all this started my RE talked about moving on to IVF since the IUIs weren't working. So sometime after the surgery we will start the IVF process. I am hopeful but need to remail realistic. I think that is the hardest part!

I am super excited for you and hope this pregnancy sticks!!
Me 36, DH 37, 3 rounds clomid (9/11, 10/11, 11/11),IUI1 12/14/11,IUI2 1/10/12,IUI3 2/9,RE March 21st, LAP surgery 3/28

livelaughmoe replied to att76's response:
You are always so optimistic, that's what I admire about you!

Could the polyps have been preventing the IUI's from working? What does your RE think?

att76 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
Funny, you think I am optimistic, I think it is just a brave face!

Yes, he thinks that is why the IUIs weren't working. You know it is funny when I did the IUIs with my OB I had endo, now I do them with the RE and I have polyps...just ironic!!

What are your numbers now?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Vicky. My husband and I are both 34 and been married almost 11 years. I was diagnosed with PCOS with Insulin Resistance in 2000 and we have ne...More

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make the ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.