Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Anyone Remember Me?
Hoping4thebest11 posted:
I just wanted to put up a post to see if any of the ladies that I chatted with ... everyday in 2011 are still around. 2012 has definitely been a hard year for me. I have done 4 fresh IVF cycles which yielded about 40 embryos and I haven't gotten to freeze even 1. I have had a transfer each cycle and 2 of the 4 cycles resulted in chemical pregnancies. I am on a little break for the holidays and plan on trying my 5th and final insurance covered cycle at the end of February.

Just wondering if anyone here had to do 5 rounds and if they found success after 4 failures? We are unexplained and they aren't able to pinpoint the exact problem. Hoping all of you had a better year than I have had ... would love to read some updates.

Happy Holidays!!
Me(33), DH(32); TTC for 2 years on our own then diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - all BFNs. IVF1 - Chemical Pregnancy IVF2 - BFN. IVF3 - hoping 3rd times a charm!

beckyatmoms responded:
I did 3 fresh cycles, with the 3rd being successful. None of the 3 resulted in any to freeze. The first two cycles they did the standard long lupron method and it just didn't produce quality embryos. The 3rd time we met with my RE and came up with a different protocol and I also insisted on assisted hatching (which we did not do the previous 2 cycles). I also insisted on transfering 3 instead of 2. We ended up with less eggs retrieved but MUCH better embryos. They transferred 3 and I ended up pregnant with triplets. One failed to grow (which I'm honestly thankful for). Now I have 2 beautiful little girls.

I'm not sure of the specifics of your case but if you haven't adjusted your protocol maybe that is something you could speak to your RE about before your next cycle.
Becky (35) DH (31) TTC for over 3 years. MFIF DS(12) DD(5)
IVF1 (Long Lupron) 3/10 BFN
IVF2 (Long Lupron) 2/11 BFN
IVF3 (Antagonist) BFP!!!
TWINS!!! EDD 8/23/12

Hoping4thebest11 replied to beckyatmoms's response:
Thanks for your reply. I changed from long Lupron to antagonist. What drugs were you on when you got your bfp? Did you transfer all blasts? Thanks so much a a huge congratulations on your beautiful twins!!!!
Me(33), DH(32); Tried 2 years; Unexplained Infertility. 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - all BFNs. IVF1 - Chemical, IVF2 - BFN, IVF3 - Chemical w/Ectopic scare, IVF4 w/Array CGH PGD: BFN

KL0124 responded:
Hi Hoping, I definitely remember you and all your support last spring. I'm sorry that you are having to go on to round 5. Which anatgonist are they putting you on? How are you doing? We did an LPEG protocol with our IVF and had very low eggs with none to freeze, but did get pg with twins. While on some other boards, I have "met" women who had success on 3 attempts at IVF. Hopefully changing up your protocol will work this winter. Kris
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels
10 total rounds of clomid, 2 of femara, and too many days of progesterone to count, 3 IUIs, IVF1 Twins!

beckyatmoms replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
O my I cannot remember the drugs I was on (bad memory due to lack of sleep . If you tell me what you are going to be on I'll remember if that is what I was on.

So you are doing what we did....change from long lupon to antagonist. I can tell you it was scary not getting many eggs in the beginning. I was very worried because I was used to getting so many eggs. We transferred 3 after 3 days (so no blasts) because we didn't have many embryos. 2 were graded good (which is the best at my RE's) and one was graded poor. I couldn't believe it when I found out they all took. I am convinced the one that didn't make it was a boy

I am really praying your change of protocol with have positive results. Talk to your doctor about assisted hatching as well (if you haven't already). Keep us updated and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Becky (35) DH (31) TTC for over 3 years. MFIF DS(12) DD(5)
IVF1 (Long Lupron) 3/10 BFN
IVF2 (Long Lupron) 2/11 BFN
IVF3 (Antagonist) BFP!!!
TWINS!!! EDD 8/23/12

Hoping4thebest11 replied to beckyatmoms's response:
Thanks to you both! When I changed to antagonist I got 4 less eggs than when I was on long Lupron. This last time (2nd time on antagonist) they up'd my dosages and I got the most eggs I've ever gotten... 18. For antagonist I've been on Gonal f, menapur, and cetrtotide. RE suggests doing the same thing which makes me nervous but from what I understand its hard to affect quality all that much.
Me(33), DH(32); Tried 2 years; Unexplained Infertility. 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - all BFNs. IVF1 - Chemical, IVF2 - BFN, IVF3 - Chemical w/Ectopic scare, IVF4 w/Array CGH PGD: BFN

livelaughmoe responded:
HELLO! I definitely remember you, as well. I hope you get the answers you so deserving. One thing I can relate with you on is, Unexplained infertility, its also my diagnosis, and its a doozy! Where do you live that IVF is covered by insurance? Nice benefit. Have you tried accupuncture, its a nice accompianment? Or thought about a second opinion? I am Hoping For the Best for you as well.

Cassy
Me 29 DH 30 TTC for 3 years. 4 rounds on Clomid, all = BFN. 1st IUI BFN, 2nd IUI BFN, LAP done- cyst removed, 3rd IUI BFP (CP) 4th IUI 3/19 BFN, 5th IUI 4/16 BFP, M/C @ 6 weeks, 6th IUI BFN.

Hoping4thebest11 replied to livelaughmoe's response:
I live in Massachusetts. They have really great coverage. My plan covers 5 tries lifetime so I'm approaching my last one. As for a 2nd opinion, I went to one clinic for my first 2 cycles and another for my last 2. Second RE and the clinic is way better than the first. I'm praying we get lucky. I always thought our child would be a miracle but I never thought we'd need a miracle to have one. Maybe cycle 5 will do the trick. We will do pgd again. Hopefully this time on day 5. Thanks to all. Cassy - what's your next step?

no1phillygirl responded:
I remember you. I'm sorry that you have had such a tough time. I can so relate. I did 4 oe ivf cycles. bfp on 1st two and lost the preg, 2nd and 3rd cycle bfn. went onto de. started aspirin and prednisone. bfp but i m/c that preg. i had 2 embies, 1 took and i now have a beautiful 8 1/2 month old baby girl. I lurk often and hope to see some great updates. I wish you all of the best! Marla
Marla 42 DH 32 BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08. 6/09 RE
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 11/09 ivf2 2/10 BFP 13wks trisomy d

KL0124 replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
Good luck to you Hoping. It's wonderful that you live in a state with great insurance coverage. I do have an unopened box of Gonal-f and one of Menopur since I had an early ER if you are interested. Good luck going into your next IVF cycle and hope you enjoy the holidays.
Kris (30) DH (32) DD (4) 7 angels
10 total rounds of clomid, 2 of femara, and too many days of progesterone to count, 3 IUIs, IVF1 Twins!

Hoping4thebest11 replied to KL0124's response:
Thanks KL. I have extra gonal and menapur too. I greatly appreciate you offering to share them! I hope you enjoyed the holidays as well and Happy New Year to you!

no1phillygirl replied to Hoping4thebest11's response:
How's it going?
Marla 42 DH 32 BFP 10/08 m/c 11/08. 6/09 RE
ivf1 9/09 BFP m/c 11/09 ivf2 2/10 BFP 13wks trisomy d

Hoping4thebest11 replied to no1phillygirl's response:
Hey no1phillygirl. Thank you so much for checking in! I lost my login and kind of left this site as almost all the ladies on here that I used to talk to besides yourself are no longer posting. Plus I loved loved byroney who would keep all of updated each week on everyone. I miss that. Congratulations on your miracle baby! When I had my first iui you had already experienced so much heartache. I felt for you but had no experience then so I couldn't really provide much help. Now 3 IUIs and 4 ivfs later I feel I could write a book. I did not have my 5th round in February. They actually found 2 large varicoceles and my husband had bilateral surgery in April. It was discovered when he had a more in depth semen analysis and urologist visit. They think this may really help us! He goes for a semen test in a little over a week. He had 33% fragmentation so we are hoping it has improved and this is our problem. Thanks again for caring!!!

consuella responded:
Appreciation to chief oduwa legba for the great help for making me pregnant today after 4years of barrenness and all the insult from my husbands family for not able to conceive and have a child for my lovely husband,i thought all hope was lost until i saw how a woman testify from Canada how chief oduwa legba help her get pregnant naturally with the contact email and i contact him for the same help.after chief oduwa legba help i got pregnant 31days later as he said that i will conceive after 31days exactly 31days i got pregnant and am here to testify and give him the glory for the great help and assistant he has rendered to my life,contact him via on facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye)

Spotlight: Member Stories

We tried for almost 2 years to conceive before going to an RE. Clomid and injectible IUIs did not work so we ended up doing IVF w/ ICSI in Feb 2008. W...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.