Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Looking for insight
An_244097 posted:
Good Afternoon ladies!! I have lurked on here some from time to time but not really sure which board I belong on. I was thinking maybe some of you ladies have been where I am and can give me some insight.

Have any of you done injectables with timed intercourse or IUI and what did your cycle consist of? What were the side affects of the injetables (compared to clomid or femera if you did them)? Are there any questions I should be asking or concerns I should have at this point?

Here is my history and background up through my appt with my RE today.

Current History:
DH and I have been TTC#3 for 17 months. We did 5 rounds of clomid (50, 100, 150, 150 and 200mg), took 2 months off while switching to an RE. She said I have PCOS and started me on metformin (1500mg) for the first month off and then did BCP for the second since I had a cyst. We did 5mg Femera with a trigger shot and progesterone. I ended up with low beta's and a chemical pregnancy. We went right into another cycle at 5mg Femera. Due to Christmas we couldn't do the trigger shot but I had a pos. OPK on CD20. We still did the progesterone. Again low beta's and another chemical preg.

I just had a consult with my RE and she is a little concerned. In all, I am 1 for 5 with keeping a pregnancy when using fertility meds (either clomid or femera) (I had 2 m/c on clomid before conceiving our first child). She has me taking the month off (on BCP so we don't have to wait for AF to show and then take provera to get her). She is doing a chromosonal test on my and my DH just to make sure it isn't one of us carrying bad DNA and I am doing a dye/x-ray test to see if there is scaring due to 2 c-sections that may be keeping the embryo from implanting and staying. As long as all comes back good there, she wants me to start baby asprin for the medicated cycle and is looking to do injectables. She thinks injectables will give us better eggs and more control during the cycle in hopes of it sticking.

Thank you so much for your time and info!!

mrs62610 responded:
I did Bravelle following Femara during an IUI cycle and didn't have bad side effects. (Actually, I don't really remember having any side effects) It was a BFN. Now I'm on Bravelle and Menopur for IVF and I've had some mild hot flashes and mood swings but I'm on a very high dose. I think if you are doing IUI or TI then they would have you on a lower dose and the side effects would be less. I hope that helps a little! Good luck!
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 21 months. 3 rounds of Clomid, 5 rounds of Femara and 3 IUI's, all BFN's. IVF week of Jan. 21st. On Lupron since 12/30. Start Bravelle and Menopur on 1/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me -24- not ovulating on my own. DH -28- SA completly normal! Average cycle - 31 days. TTC our 1st since November 2009. Referred to a RE in 2011. His...More

Helpful Tips

NEW HOPE TO GET PREGNANT: Mini-IVF less medicine, less cost and very effective
A new hope to fertility problems for all of us, less cost and very effective, learn more visit: www.nhfc.mx. Hope this help!! More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.