Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Interested in finding out where others are on their TTC journey? Then check out our Weekly List. Confused by all the abbreviations? We Have the Key!
Egg Retrieval
mrs62610 posted:
I finally get to go for my ER!! We are going over today (we live almost 3 hours from where my RE's IVF lab is) and staying overnight and doing the ER in the morning!!!! I'm a little nervous, I know I'll be out for it but that's what makes me nervous. I've never been under any kind of anesthesia. I hope I don't say anything stupid. They will be using the same medicine that the dr's gave my Mom when they had to reset her broken ankle. She was really funny and said some pretty goofy stuff. I'm sure I wouldn't be the first, but it would still be embarassing. OK, I think I'm done rambling.

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask when I talked to the nurse. Is DH allowed to be present during the retrieval? I know he will have to go give a sample after they are done but I wondered if he would be able to be there before I was put out.
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 21 months. 3 rounds of Clomid, 5 rounds of Femara and 3 IUI's, all BFN's. IVF week of Jan. 21st. On Lupron since 12/30. Start Bravelle and Menopur on 1/11

sproutkm responded:
YAY!!! that is so excited, so are you doing IVF? I hope the best for you and your husband and seding losts of baby dust your way.

So after they do the ER what is the next step?

mrs62610 replied to sproutkm's response:
Yeah we're doing IVF. After the ER on Friday they will call me Saturday and tell me how many fertilized and what day we come back for the transfer. I do know it will be either Monday or Wednesday.
Me-25 DH-38 TTC 21 months. 3 rounds of Clomid, 5 rounds of Femara and 3 IUI's, all BFN's. IVF week of Jan. 21st. On Lupron since 12/30. Start Bravelle and Menopur on 1/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

TTC for 3.5 years finally got our BFP October 12th,2009 after 1 attempt of IVF. Baby boy twins born May 2010.

Helpful Tips

TTC Abbreviations
2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test) AF: Aunt Flo(w), your menstrual period AH: Assisted Hatching (Assisting ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 56 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.